Multi LNB to 2 receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffwb

Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
I want to connect 3 Circular Dual output LNB's and 3 Linear Dual ouput LNB's to 2 receivers (Pansat 3500) I want to be able to view any of the LNb's Sats & channels independently (if one person is watching something on one receiver I could watch something ie (different Sat) on the other receiver. NO MOTORS just a single fixed dish picking up 6 SATs with six LNB's.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

why would you spend all that money for the dual LNB's for circular to see NASA, Angel One, and Gol TV?

seems like a waste of money to me. The KU would be fine.

What satellites would you be aiming at?

More info

They come with a T90 teroidal dish package as well as one extra Linear LNB so I will add couple more Linears I will be seeing from Portland at least six Sats between SW87 and SW127 need Mandarin and all available English, radio etc.

Thanks

oh ok...didnt know they came with them.

If they are duals, just use a couple 4x1 switches and 2 22K switches

LNB------input 1 of switch
LNB------input 2 of switch
LNB------input 3 of switch
output of switch to one port of 22k switch
repeat with 2nd switch...that goes to 2nd port of 22k switch

repeat above for 2nd setup :)

Thanks for your insight I appreciate the help, I am still a little unclear if the SW21 switch is the same thing as the 22khz switch I see both mentioned and who has the most reliable switches the the Pansat 3500 comes with a 4X1 but I don't want to replace them often like I have read some people have done..
Thats the last question thanks again.

SW21 is a different switch and wont work

22k switch will work but with more than 4 LNB's you need 2 4x1 switches and a 22K

switch 1-----port 1 of 22K switch
switch 2-----port 2 of 22K switch

If you only want to use 4 LNB's, then all you need is 2 4x1 switches :)

Thanks, any particular brands of switches which preform better or last longer?

Oh since I am using only 3 of the 4 inputs to each 4X1 switch should the open
ports be terminated or sealed with something? Seems like theres always something to remember to ask..

jeffwb said:
Thanks, any particular brands of switches which preform better or last longer?

most are the same...I like DMSI switches. They seem to be the most stable

jeffwb said:
Oh since I am using only 3 of the 4 inputs to each 4X1 switch should the open
ports be terminated or sealed with something? Seems like theres always something to remember to ask..

I use a coax connector end and fill it with sealer. Terminators work good but make sure there is no resistor in it (heard that screws stuff up).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)