multi mast

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Uhh so I had an idea.... The dish network super dish masts look to be around 2 and a half inch. Anyone know if this is true. See I had this idea of U bolting one to my sched 40 mast and then I can have two dishes on the same mast... The goal is to pick up AMC3 for the PBS, and the G10R which I have been pulling off for about a year now.

Does anyone have any good ideas how to mount more than one dish on one mast?

i thought the same thing! i want a 6ft mast fta unbolted about 2/3 way up and top it off with my dishnetwork-500 I'm going to see today if the line of site is clear.

sure it can be done. But the extra weight at the top might screw things up when it comes to wind.

yep, it can and has been done. I first got in to fta after reading an article in Make Magazine a while back about dong fta. The pics that the guy had that submitted it showed a ton of dishes (4-8?), of which I think 2-3 of which were on the same pole on his roof.

WHOA. Way to go guys! Those are some complex rigs...

Bet channel surfing on those is lots of fun without having to wait for the 15 seconds or so to jump between birds on a motorized.

WoW, some of those picturs in the links looks like it would lead to a lot of work. I think I figured out a way where the wind won't do much. Okay so what I am gonna do is have the large heavy dish on top of the post and then at the BASE of the post I am going to U-bolt some of the super dish mounts to it so that they come up from the bottom at an angel and then the pipe has the bend in it so if I do it right I should be perfectly level. I am gonna get started on this in a few weeks. I will be sure to post some pictures. I guess I am gonna try and find more channel master dishes tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts