Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I enjoy reading many of the Multichannels News threads from time-to-time via the Latest Headlines forum. However, I've noticed a fair number of recent links, like this one, now contain premium content requiring the reader to obtain a subscription to access the article. As much as enjoy the Multichannels News articles, I don't feel the subscription feeds should be included in the Latest Headlines forum. But perhaps some authorization module/process was broken with the upcoming SatelliteGuys 4.0 deployment. :confused:

Thanks in advance. :hatsoff:

I agree as well, and I am thinking about taking their feed down because of it.

I have been talking to Evie at Skyreport of setting up a RSS feed so that we can get breaking news from them. But so far nothing there to report.

I too vote for taking down the feed.

Meanwhile, I am simply going to remove the forum from my read list.

There is no easy RSS feed for the Google stuff, plus most of the Google Stuff is from MultiChannel, so back to square one again.

It will be back. Just been too busy the past few weeks with work, working on the new software for the site, taking care of my dad who had surgey again last week and other things.

I hope to get back in the swing of scottg.me after the software update on Saturday.

MCN was nice, in a minor sort of way. I read the occasional story, but I really won't miss them. A replacement has got to be low pri.

Scott, you may have mentioned this before in another thread, but why did you stop doing the Satellite Dish column for Multichannel News?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts