Multiple Satellite and multiple channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superslug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Trenton,MO
I have open box receiver s10 and dish 39in with motor and two lnbs.I plan adding a third lnb. I have a 4 port switch diseqc for the two lnbs. The problems the 1 lnb pickup ses1 but not galaxy 19. Then I move to galaxy 19 then I lose ses1. Is there a setting on my receiver to switch between the two satellites? I'm lost:confused:

well its going to be a gong show. do you plan to change dish settings on every channel change? how are you going to tell the reciever when to move or if the dish moved? multiple lnbf setups only really make sense when stationary or when one lnb does frequencies that another wont.

crackt out,.

well its going to be a gong show. do you plan to change dish settings on every channel change? how are you going to tell the reciever when to move or if the dish moved? multiple lnbf setups only really make sense when stationary or when one lnb does frequencies that another wont.

crackt out,.

Its not as difficult as you might think, you just set the same motor position for the two satellites you are aimed at using diseqc 1.2, that way you can aim at two satellites at a time instead of just one,

Why not just put a second dish on G19, or whatever your most-watched satellite is? That way, using another port on the switch, you can get instant-switching back to your favorite.

I agree with turbosat. One lnb on the dish with the motor with no switch = less troubleshooting in the future and more signal now. Then add the switch when you add fixed dishes that are pointed at your favorite satellites.

Mikey11 said:
Its not as difficult as you might think, you just set the same motor position for the two satellites you are aimed at using diseqc 1.2, that way you can aim at two satellites at a time instead of just one,

wasnt the difficulty i was thinking about. more about the praticality and usefullness.

crackt out,.

Why not just put a second dish on G19, or whatever your most-watched satellite is? That way, using another port on the switch, you can get instant-switching back to your favorite.

Because some people don't like multiple dishes on their houses, me being one of them,

Superslug,

I have had the same problem with my new Openbox S10 not wanting to switch between 2 coax cables connected to my 4x1 diseqc switch. I have a combination C and Ku lnb mounted on my 10 foot big ugly dish. One coax from each goes to the diseqc. I can't usually get the stb to switch back and forth between the two. I started a thread about this a couple days ago, and apparently there is a bug in the current firmware that messes up diseqc and 22khz switches. Only people with files from FridgeF*A have a fix for this?

No, not really. The link I have is for a manufacturer in China, which I've heard is putting out clones of the Openbo:mad:?) There seems to be some debate about whether this is the actual Openbox site, or a clone site. Either way, they have an updated S10 file (June 21 I believe) which I put on my S10 last night with no ill effects. It didn't fix the diseqc problem mind you, but I updated anyway. The file with the supposed diseqc fix is for folks who bought their Openbox from fridgeF*A, and therefore get their own modified files. Here's the chinese link anyway: (change x's to t's)

hxxp://www.yojiatech.com/a/Support/Download/

I'm going to keep it simple for now. The KISS rule-Keep It Simple Stupid. One Lnd with motorized system. Thanks for the help everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts