Multiple TV From One Voom Box?

rolds

Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I have 3 tvs in my house and I move from room to room doing things through out my day. My question is that I would like to get one receiver or box to power all my tvs. The installer is telling me that I need to get 3 different boxes, one for each tv. I have the same station on or would be watching the same station on each tv, so why would I need 3 different boxes?

rolds said:
I have 3 tvs in my house and I move from room to room doing things through out my day. My question is that I would like to get one receiver or box to power all my tvs. The installer is telling me that I need to get 3 different boxes, one for each tv. I have the same station on or would be watching the same station on each tv, so why would I need 3 different boxes?
You don't need 3 boxes. All the ouputs on the box are active. However, only one is HD. If you don't mind the other two tv's being in -- what is it? 480i?, you can just run a coax from the box to each tv and be good to go. They'll show whatever you have on the main tv. I have my other tv set up like this and it works fine. I just ran the other cable myself and left the installer out of it.

You could run two HDTV's from one box also. You can use the DVI conection for one HDTV and the componant conection for the secondHDTV. Then you could use the Composite, S-Video, or Coax to run any number of SD TV's!!!

I've got 4 TV's running on the same box. If you do the multiple box trick, Radio Shack has some little transmitters and a receiver that let you use just one remote (the Voom remote) to control the STB when watching any of your televisions.

There are 2 drawbacks to doing this.
1. Must watch same channel on all TV's.
2. Signal is output at 480i, so if one of the 'extra' TV's is an HD, you are not feeding it an HD signal. I didn't know this before I bought one of the 'extra' TV's. It looks good, but it is not HD.

The Stone Man said:
There are 2 drawbacks to doing this.
1. Must watch same channel on all TV's.
2. Signal is output at 480i, so if one of the 'extra' TV's is an HD, you are not feeding it an HD signal.

Actually, you will be able to watch two HDTVs : one with component, one with DVI outputs, all other SDTVs using any SD outputs or all of them (composite, coax, S-video).

radiator said:
Is the Voom remote an IR LED type or an RF type?
Welcome to the forum!

VOOM-supplied remote is IR, but the box has an RF input and can be used with an RF remote.

Thanks... I'm just finding my way around this forum, and found the FAQ that answers my question! I'm sorely tempted to sign up for Voom in the next week or so...

Minsk1 said:
Actually, you will be able to watch two HDTVs : one with component, one with DVI outputs, all other SDTVs using any SD outputs or all of them (composite, coax, S-video).
You can watch multiple TV's at the same time. I said you have to watch the same channel on all of them. No matter how many types of hookups you have, 1 STB plays 1 channel at a time.

Hey Stone MAn I ahve the same setup. Its called the RABBIT.....from the late 80's but it still works great. I think Radio Shack use to sell them under the name VCR Duplicator. Somehting like that. I have the VOOM receiver going to three other tv's in my house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)