OTHER Muzk Dish

Larry Thompson

Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
Birmingham, AL
Hey all,

Fairly new to FTA and have only posted one question but now I have another.

Picked up an oval Muzax ( 40 in across, 30 in wide ) dish with a Zinwell LNB for free.

RF 1170=1220 GHz
IF 950-1450 MHz
NF 0.8 dB

Tried to research all the post about it but saw nothing.

Can I use it with this LNB or do I need to invest in a new one for G-19
I have a GTMEDIA V-7 Plus receiver

Thanks
Larry

Yes please post a picture of the LNB arrangement. Muzak dishes are usually a single service setup and have a single polarity LNB. While the dish is quite usable the LNB(F) may need some attention.
exactly - I have a Muzzak dish that has such LNB with a special feed adapted to the dish shape. It works well as a single-polarity fixed dish. I'm currently using it for LPB on 87W. I guess that because of the odd shape of the dish, it might not be as good with a regular LNBF

Great news Guys
Thanks for the quick response.
I cleaned all the mold and dirt off the dish and removed the Muzax logo.
Here are the pictures.

So how would I get both polarities

Larry

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 206
Will this work Bought yesterday off Ebay
0.2dB Universal Linear Ku Satellite LNBF & LNB Single Bracket Holder Mount FTA | eBay

Avenger KSC321S-2 Specifications:

Input Frequency

10.7~11.7 GHz, 11.7~12.75 GHz

Output Frequency

950~1950 MHz, 1100~2150 MHz

Noise Figure

0.2dB

Gain

60 dB

Gain Ripple 26 MHz bandwidth

<+/- 0.5dB

Local Oscillator Frequency

9750 MHz ~10600 MHz
Local Oscillator Phase Noise (typ)

1 KHz

10 KHz

100 KHz

-50 dBc/Hz

-75 dBc/Hz

-95 dBc/Hz

Local Oscillator Stability

+/- 1 MHz typ

Current Consumption

70 mA typ

Image Rejection

>40 dB

Cross Polar Isolation

25 dB typ dB

Output Connector

"F" type female

Impedance

75 Ohm

Return Loss

>10 dB

Operating Temperature Range

-30°C to +70°C

Storage Temperature Range

-20°C to +80°C

Polarity Selection

Vertical 10.5V to 14.0V

Horizontal 16.0V to 20.0V

Yes it should work. It's a UNIVERSAL not STANDARD Ku LNBF and they have different settings in the receiver. Not my first choice but should work. The hard part will be to position the bracket so the LNBF is pointed to the "sweet spot" and the right distance from the dish. Use the original bracket and feedhorn to compare.

i have the exact same dish. If I remember correctly it fits on a 2" pole, but yeah on the pictures it looks like Larry has it on a 1-5/8 pole. It's easy to make an adapter sleeve using a section of 1-1/2 in PVC pipe, split on one side

Or he can just go to Home Depot or Lowes, and buy a chain link fence CORNER POST. Those are 2-3/8" in size, which is EXACTLY the correct size to fit that mount.

You can get a dual polarity LNB like the Inverto or Invacom. I actually use a Raven feed horn and a dual universal Inverto on my Musak dish. Works very well!
hxxps://www.satellitesuperstore.com/twinlnb.htm#invertotwinc120 for an example. Might be similar available in the US have to look around.
Those would be indeed very nice, but is it worth it? once you convert the cost from GBP to USD and add shipping costs, you might as well buy a GSP 36" for $99 including a GSP LNBF. That's why I simply kept mine with its single polarity LNB on a bird where I only need one polarity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts