MY 68 and CW 21 in Hd in birmingham Alabama

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Good morning how are you doing today?I wanted to ask you folks if you can call and email and ask Dish Network to add WTTO "CW21" and WABM "MYTV68" in HD these channels come from Birmingham Alabama i just got done talking to one of the Chief Engineers at the stations about and this is what he send me in a email a little bit ago.
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
Allen,

I just received your recent question about WTTO HD on Dish Network. We have been broadcasting in HD for several years, but Dish has chosen to not carry our HD signal. I believe Direct TV has us on in HD. You could also try using an antenna to pick up WTTO off the air for free.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Tim

If you can help me i sure appreciate it very much.

Have a great day :)

Allen Culver
[/FONT]

I receive WTTO and WABM in HD from my OTA antenna. I live 75 miles from Birmingham in Marion County, and can get them both excellent. However, I do have a 60' tower antenna that I recently had upgraded to new equipment. To be honest with you, there is not very much compelling content on either of these stations in HD, unless you are interested in watching shows from CW or MyNet in HD, they do show those during primetime, but that is about it, except for the SEC Network football games on WTTO in the fall, they are worth having WTTO in HD for. How far are you from Birmingham? If you are not that far, you could invest in a good, small antenna for pretty cheap. Their tower is on Red Mountain, I am looking at it now as I type, I work in Birmingham, so just point your antenna toward Birmingham, and you should get them.

Good morning how are you doing today?I wanted to ask you folks if you can call and email and ask Dish Network to add WTTO "CW21" and WABM "MYTV68" in HD these channels come from Birmingham Alabama i just got done talking to one of the Chief Engineers at the stations about and this is what he send me in a email a little bit ago.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Allen,[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I just received your recent question about WTTO HD on Dish Network. We have been broadcasting in HD for several years, but Dish has chosen to not carry our HD signal. I believe Direct TV has us on in HD. You could also try using an antenna to pick up WTTO off the air for free.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Tim[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]If you can help me i sure appreciate it very much.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Have a great day :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Allen Culver[/FONT]

Not good when the station engineer is not sure which provider his hd channel is being carried.:eek:

In all seriousness though, negotiations are done with much higher ups than the station engineer or station manger.

hello my dad has Dish Network Tubro HD,he lives in Sylacauga about 30 min drive from Birmingham.I contacted WTTO and MYNET68 to see if they offer HD on their channels and i emailed Dish Network to ask them if they could add those two channels in HD.my dad is already getting the rest of the local channels in HD.i would like to see these two added above in HD so my dad can watch more of the programming on these channels in HD.So if you can do me a big favor could you please contact Dish Network and tell them to add these channels.I sure would appreciate it very much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts