My BUD is going back up this weekend

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
So I moved from Aberdeen, MD back to my home town of Franklin, PA, and I brought my BUD with me. Found out today that C-Band is permitted as long as the dish is less than 10ft in diameter, 10ft from property lines, and no more than 15ft high. :D

I was hesitant about putting it up because of the whole "what will neighbors think" mentality. But now I say, "who cares!" I need my free TV, and with Skyangel switching to IPTV (which I will not subscribe to), I can get most of the Skyangel channels from C-band.

:) I've decided "Who Cares" as well. I actually think that my dish is NOT allowed in my area due to a "No Antennas" rule. About 1 out of every 3 houses in my neighbourhood has a pizza size dish. Some houses have 3 or 4 pizza size dishes on them. (so much for this no Antennas rule..) I really don't think anybody will complain about my 7.5 footer. My C-band dish will not be visible from the street at all. Only the immediate neighbours will be able to see it. Of those neighbours, one guy has 4 pizza dishes on his shed, and another is an internet-on-satellite installer and he has an internet dish on his front step. I have my dish leaning up against the fence right now, pointed up to the heavens and I've been watching some programming on my back deck. The dish has been there for a week, and I've had no complaints at all. I'm planting the pole this weekend and next week I'll have it all tweaked up and tracking the arc :)

My attitude has always been I own the property, I make the payments on the property and I pay the taxes on the property, I do what I want on the property.

I'm with Jim. I stole this line from another member's post I saw a year or so ago, but I think it fits your situation perfectly:

"This is America. Its my house on my lot, I paid for it, so piss off."

Mike

It's good to be back in this forum. My C-Band dish and FTA dish have been down since February when I moved back to Franklin and was living with my parents:(. Now my family is moved in to the new home.

I have another question, but didn't want to start a new thread. I may need new wires to control the servo motor and the H-H motor. Can I buy wire from Home Depot or do I need something special? If I can get it at Home Depot, what am I looking for? Thanks.

You might wait for one of the guys other guys to chime in before buying anything, but I'd think Home Depot would have wire that would be fine. Just make sure it's designed for direct burial.

I always tell everyone that you can do a nice clean c-band install.
It does not have to look bad (My opinion). I have my mesh dish painted flat black along with the mount and pole. My cables are in conduit underground.

My install looks good enough for any subdivision. What about the people with pizza dishes that have a coax dangling down the side of their house not attached blowing in the wind. That how my neigbors on both sides of me have their's installed.

They had better not say anything about my BUD-LOL

:) I've decided "Who Cares" as well. I actually think that my dish is NOT allowed in my area due to a "No Antennas" rule. About 1 out of every 3 houses in my neighbourhood has a pizza size dish. Some houses have 3 or 4 pizza size dishes on them. (so much for this no Antennas rule..) I really don't think anybody will complain about my 7.5 footer. My C-band dish will not be visible from the street at all. Only the immediate neighbours will be able to see it. Of those neighbours, one guy has 4 pizza dishes on his shed, and another is an internet-on-satellite installer and he has an internet dish on his front step. I have my dish leaning up against the fence right now, pointed up to the heavens and I've been watching some programming on my back deck. The dish has been there for a week, and I've had no complaints at all. I'm planting the pole this weekend and next week I'll have it all tweaked up and tracking the arc :)

Pizza dishes and OTA antenna are protected by the FCC OTARD rules. BUDs are not.

I always tell everyone that you can do a nice clean c-band install.
It does not have to look bad (My opinion). I have my mesh dish painted flat black along with the mount and pole. My cables are in conduit underground.

My install looks good enough for any subdivision. What about the people with pizza dishes that have a coax dangling down the side of their house not attached blowing in the wind. That how my neigbors on both sides of me have their's installed.

They had better not say anything about my BUD-LOL

I did the same thing. I am painting the dish black. The high school colors are red and black. I thought about painting to pole red and putting the letters Go Knights on the panels:D

Good luck with getting your BUD back up and operating. I just moved back to Pennsylvania myself after living in Florida for six years. I lived in the Allentown area, but now I live near Pittsburgh.

Good luck with getting your BUD back up and operating. I just moved back to Pennsylvania myself after living in Florida for six years. I lived in the Allentown area, but now I live near Pittsburgh.

You're about 90 miles south of me. I moved back to PA work with a couple guys in their computer shop. Unfortunately I got laid off today because we were not getting any new business to cover my pay, so I'll be spending more time job searching than playing with the dish.

You know you buy land or a lot and you never own it. you have the deed to it but you'll always have to pay for something. it never fails does it. they say land of the FREE? BULL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)