My dish got laughed at by Comcast

Status
Please reply by conversation.

somery

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Pasadena, TX
I was told by my wife that while I was at work a Comcast salesman asked if we'd want a free months of cable, and when she said nah, no thanks (thankfully he didn't push it at all) He then asked if he could look up the light pole in the backyard. So she said as he was walking thru the gate towards the pole, he did a double look when noticing the big dish. She said he acted overly amazed the whole time. First thing he asked was "Do you get any channels on that thing?" She explained I got some channels and a movie channel for a few bucks a month. His answers were always "Really!" She said the guy went over to the dish, i guess to check it out :D , and made a huge deal about it. Said he's only seen a few of em in all the time he's worked there, and that was the first working one he'd ever seen. It was looking near my true south sat, so it was looking kinda cool :cool: No, but really he was saying how ancient he thought they were, and how huge it was. Of course she was just laughing at it and encouraging him!

I guess this post is not really a cband question, but i didn't know who else to share this laugh with? :rolleyes: She didn't mention digital cband, but oh well :p

Thanks for sharing :up

I feel sorry for your dish :(, most people don't realize how much content is available on FTA satellite, especially cable TV and small dish installers.

I love hearing stories with satellite dishes involved :D

haha that is funny, I guess he did not know if it wasn't for a bunch of working big dishes he would not have a job :)

haha that is funny, I guess he did not know if it wasn't for a bunch of working big dishes he would not have a job :)

The guy was a salesman and probably didn't even understand how satellite tv works, or too young to remember back in the day. Direct - Dish - Cable etc would be out of business if there was no such thing.

Kinda reminds me of a story when I first bought my big dish. I canceled cable and the guy came out to get my boxes. He gave me a big to do of how I would be missing all the great stuff cable provides. I told him "I don't need you I have a dish..." he said "you don't have a dish" I said, "Go Look!" He came back from looking in my yard, kinda down and said "oh you do have a dish :( " It was a great :) feeling for me because I hated the cable company and they were forcing me into the BUD because of there poor service. This was back in 1988 and we could get everything that cable provided plus a whole lot more.:D

Even with certain cable channels not being offered to us now. It really don't bother me much, I adapt. Between the 4D and FTA I have more channels to watch then time. :)

Tell the idiot to visit the headend site of his employer if he wants to see some really big dishes.

yeah i get a laugh every now and then at my 8 ft and my 40 inch primestar dish, but my response is i bet i get 10* the channels you do! plus more international channels and interesting channels.

I love it when people try to argue me and tell me my big dish doesn't have anything on it...and then tell me that the only dish that works is little dish services...

I love it when people try to argue me and tell me my big dish doesn't have anything on it...and then tell me that the only dish that works is little dish services...

That's funny.:D I guess it's the blind leading the blind.

im guessing the guy really didnt know what he was doing like posted above he needs to look at what feeds all these channels to the customers it sure as hell is not a little pizza dish .......somery have you got 4DTV yet?

The guy that helped me install my system in 1988 worked for a cable company. He had a side business putting in dishes. He was the guy that kept their dishes running. Talk about conflict of interest.

I had the comcast guy here too say "oh that thing doe not work......come on now".
I just had to grin and say "no thanks" "you can keep the cable". LOL

I have to get at least one Comcast flyer in my mail weekly. One day just for the heck of it I called them and asked them about channels I get on FTA and the 4d now and there prices. They don't offer any of the channels I mentioned and then wanted to push me into there $80.00 a month package for garbage I don't want. I just kinda laughed and quickly ended the call. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)