My HD PQ has improved

who_the

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2004
San Francisco, Calif.
Most noticeably on my HD RSN, but really across the board, my HD PQ has improved in the past few weeks. Also, going back over recent threads, there don't seem to be many PQ complaints.

Just got my eyes checked, 20-15, so I know it's not between the ears. And I have noticed bad PQ on my 60-inch plasma in the past.

So thanks, Dish, for apparently stabilizing what had been a difficult issue in the past. I hope we see it stay this way.

I was amazed at the HD PQ on NatGeo a few nights ago during the "Death" program. Yes, slow and steady improvement, completely subjective, of course.

Most noticeably on my HD RSN, but really across the board, my HD PQ has improved in the past few weeks. Also, going back over recent threads, there don't seem to be many PQ complaints.

Just got my eyes checked, 20-15, so I know it's not between the ears. And I have noticed bad PQ on my 60-inch plasma in the past.

So thanks, Dish, for apparently stabilizing what had been a difficult issue in the past. I hope we see it stay this way.

Sounds like your a comparing different programs broadcast at different times. And maybe it was on your RSN side.

Unless you have saved recordings that you can now refer back to, it's almost impossible to tell if things have changed.

ARe they upgrading the encoders for both national and local channels? THis means less green screens and pixelation on locals I hope.

They should be improving. The encoders being used are constantly being upgraded to provide better PQ. :)

Is that it? I thought they actually upped bitrates towards the end of August. I mentioned on AVS that PQ improved. Most concurred with my observation.

I also have my vision (corrected) to 20/15.