My Mini Bud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you didn't want to wait on the ribbon cable, you could have used what I have done with good results and used CAT-5 cable to move your actuator with the V-box. Works great and a cheap alternative.

Bidaw, aren't those wires in the CAT-5 little small, or did you tied some of them to strengthen it to carry the 36 volts?
The ribbon cable are suppose to arrive today. Right now I am lining up the Primestar dish. Hope to have all this done by Friday.
Thanks for your suggestion!
After Christmas I am going to find a roll of the Satellite ribbon cable to keep for myself. Nobody in this area fools with C Band BUD anymore and it is almost impossible to get anything for the BUD unless I go online,

Not the voltage that's the problem... it's the current.
I use Cat5 for the signal and 14ga outdoor lighting cable to carry the motor power. I've had no problems on a 100'+ run (underground PVC conduit)

Latest update on my project:
Thanks to Windtamer, I have the necessary satellite ribbon cable to carry on my project. While I was waiting on the cables he sent me, I moved my Primestar dish close to the Wilson dish. I planted it nearly 10 feet from the other dish. Moving my Primestar 1.2 meter dish gave me a lot better LOS. There use to be a old oak tree that died and I finally had it removed, giving me great LOS.
I am using the Wilson dish for C-Band FTA and analog channels. I am using the US Electronics ORB-5000 for the analog channels while the Qualitv receiver receives the C-Band FTA channels.
I am using the Primestar dish with my Coolsat 8000HD receiver for all the Ku-Band channels. The Sg2100 HH drive is being used to move that dish. I took off that lousy circular/linear LNBF and replaced it with the standard Ku LNBF. I still need to finetune that dish. Still having the issue of bringing in the 123W satellite. I am hoping to have that done before my next surgery soon.
Today I replaced the BSC621-2 LNBF with the GeoSat LNBF I bought months ago from the members only special.
The reason I replaced the LNBF is this:
I was trying to piggy back my Qualitv to the ORB-5000. Here was the problem: Before I tied the Qualitv onto the ORB-5000 receiver, I was getting (99W) Tps 16 (Shepherd Chapel) and 17 (Color bars, writings) with beautiful picture screen. I tied the Qualitv in, and couldn't get
Tp 16 at all. I tried everything! Same problem. Even with the Qualitv off, the problem presisted.
So I remember the GeoSat Ck2 having dual outputs, and being 17 degrees. I switched out the LNBs and on one output, fed the cable to the ORB-5000, and from the other output fed the cable to the Qualitv.
It worked out GREAT!!! The Qualitv does not interfere with the ORB-5000, and the picture quality are excellent from both receivers! Wow!
Windtamer, the ribbon cable you sent me saved my project! Thank you, again for helping me!

I will be programming the Qualitv the next few days. I will let you know how I am doing on this project. I will post more pictures very soon...
I haven't made up my mind about using the V Box. I am hesitating to use it. There are some analog channels still out there in the C-Band system that I still can watch. That's why the ORB-5000 is being used.
I thought about using the 4DTV receiver, but kinda wonder if the Wilson dish can carry DCII signals.
Any thoughts on this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts