My Mini Bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you didn't want to wait on the ribbon cable, you could have used what I have done with good results and used CAT-5 cable to move your actuator with the V-box. Works great and a cheap alternative.

Bidaw, aren't those wires in the CAT-5 little small, or did you tied some of them to strengthen it to carry the 36 volts?
The ribbon cable are suppose to arrive today. Right now I am lining up the Primestar dish. Hope to have all this done by Friday.
Thanks for your suggestion!
After Christmas I am going to find a roll of the Satellite ribbon cable to keep for myself. Nobody in this area fools with C Band BUD anymore and it is almost impossible to get anything for the BUD unless I go online,

Not the voltage that's the problem... it's the current.
I use Cat5 for the signal and 14ga outdoor lighting cable to carry the motor power. I've had no problems on a 100'+ run (underground PVC conduit)

Latest update on my project:
Thanks to Windtamer, I have the necessary satellite ribbon cable to carry on my project. While I was waiting on the cables he sent me, I moved my Primestar dish close to the Wilson dish. I planted it nearly 10 feet from the other dish. Moving my Primestar 1.2 meter dish gave me a lot better LOS. There use to be a old oak tree that died and I finally had it removed, giving me great LOS.
I am using the Wilson dish for C-Band FTA and analog channels. I am using the US Electronics ORB-5000 for the analog channels while the Qualitv receiver receives the C-Band FTA channels.
I am using the Primestar dish with my Coolsat 8000HD receiver for all the Ku-Band channels. The Sg2100 HH drive is being used to move that dish. I took off that lousy circular/linear LNBF and replaced it with the standard Ku LNBF. I still need to finetune that dish. Still having the issue of bringing in the 123W satellite. I am hoping to have that done before my next surgery soon.
Today I replaced the BSC621-2 LNBF with the GeoSat LNBF I bought months ago from the members only special.
The reason I replaced the LNBF is this:
I was trying to piggy back my Qualitv to the ORB-5000. Here was the problem: Before I tied the Qualitv onto the ORB-5000 receiver, I was getting (99W) Tps 16 (Shepherd Chapel) and 17 (Color bars, writings) with beautiful picture screen. I tied the Qualitv in, and couldn't get
Tp 16 at all. I tried everything! Same problem. Even with the Qualitv off, the problem presisted.
So I remember the GeoSat Ck2 having dual outputs, and being 17 degrees. I switched out the LNBs and on one output, fed the cable to the ORB-5000, and from the other output fed the cable to the Qualitv.
It worked out GREAT!!! The Qualitv does not interfere with the ORB-5000, and the picture quality are excellent from both receivers! Wow!
Windtamer, the ribbon cable you sent me saved my project! Thank you, again for helping me!

I will be programming the Qualitv the next few days. I will let you know how I am doing on this project. I will post more pictures very soon...
I haven't made up my mind about using the V Box. I am hesitating to use it. There are some analog channels still out there in the C-Band system that I still can watch. That's why the ORB-5000 is being used.
I thought about using the 4DTV receiver, but kinda wonder if the Wilson dish can carry DCII signals.
Any thoughts on this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.