my motor worked yesterday but not today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

babcea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
N.Florida
I set up an sg2100 yesterday and all went great,I had almost every sat in my list with great quality,I scanned the channels,the motor would change to the proper sat when I changed the channel,last night I turned the power off and went to sleep,this morning I got up and when I turned on the power I had picture for a second and then the motor moved just enough to lose signal,then every sat i changed to was just a little off,I moved the dish back to 0 and reset the motor and the receiver,I put in my lat and my long. in the usals,then selected my ts sat,that is 87,I selected goto the dish moved,I then fine tuned the dish and the motor,got quality sig. then saved and then scaned the sat I had some channels,and as soon as I exited and the picture came on the motor moved again just a enough to loss signal,I am now lost and dont know what to do now.anyone know how to fix this or what i am doing wrong.

Last edited:
motor help

need more info.what stb?what southernmost sat?how did you peak the dish.now that i have a couch on my roof lol i've encountered just about every problem possible except falling:eureka

My dog decided to chase a cat one night and hit my dish turning it on the pole just a tick so it would do just what you described. I just moved the motor bracket back a bit and got everything back to normal.

change usals setting a little... for instance, if you are on 87.0, change it to 87.5, 86.5, etc. to tweak it and save those changes. If the problem continues, it may possibly be that receiver isn't saving your changes due to tp overload?

change usals setting a little... for instance, if you are on 87.0, change it to 87.5, 86.5, etc. to tweak it and save those changes. If the problem continues, it may possibly be that receiver isn't saving your changes due to tp overload?
thanks for the response from everyone,what is tp overload and can I fix it,when i set 87 as my ts sat,and then move it to 123 it moves OK,and then when I move it back to 87 it is off again and every other sat is off,I will try what you said that sound like it will work,but do you know why when I make the motor move to my ts sat,I have signal,and scan the channels and go to watch them the sat moves a little.My set up is a 90cm fortec star an invocom quad lnb asg2100 and a VS ultra.

Another possible issue is the Viewsat receiver. Many of these have problems controlling DiSEqC motors, and the symptoms you are describing sound like this is the case.

I doubt the problem is TP overload, but if it is, a factory reset should solve that problem.

Another possible issue is the Viewsat receiver. Many of these have problems controlling DiSEqC motors, and the symptoms you are describing sound like this is the case.

I doubt the problem is TP overload, but if it is, a factory reset should solve that problem.
thank you ,I moved the motor back to 0 reset everything,put more cement around the pole and set it up again with the usals,and it is working good for the past 10 hours,I was mixing the usage of the usals and the 1.2 controls together and I think I had the reciever confused,so now I am only using the usals,so far so good, a big thanks to everyone for helping me get going,I have not had to ask for help much because of all the info in the forum,thanks to everyone that takes time to help others.

Cool! Glad you're getting good results :) The mixture of USALS and 1.2 might have confused the VS, since they have exhibited strange problems related to motor control.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)