My Official Back From Hawaii Thread

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Sorry if things have been quiet here the last few days, doubt that :rolleyes:, but I have been on vacation in Hawaii. I don't have the time to read everything I've missed, so I will just sum up and say salsa "You're wrong!" :D

Anyway, Hawaii is awesome.

A few thoughts on the Aloha St.

1. Maui is better that Honolulu
2. Pool is better than beach. No sand, drinks nearby, and Hawaii has rocky ocean bottoms like a river. Be careful.
3. Must see a real luau. Unbeliveable. Anything with pretty girls and guys playing with fire is worth watching.
4. 6 hr time difference is weird. MNF comes on at 2:30. You can also watch morning news shows on cable at same time Letterman is on.
5. Sports news is odd out there. Colt Brennan's quest to make the Washington Redskins is front page news. I doubt anyone in Washington cares.

Glad to be back on the mainland just in time for the start of football season.

I just got back from Hawaii a few weeks ago. I definately agree that Maui is better than Honolulu. We visted the Big Island as well and we thought that was better than Maui. Much more laid back and relaxed. Where did you go to a luau at? We went to Royal Lahaina. It was pretty good. I agree, watch out for the bottom of the ocean. Hawaii was amazing.

Is Maui > Big Island? Spent a week there when I proposed to my wife, then we came back and did Oahu for honeymoon. Oahu was like visiting LA but on an island.

Big Island was fantastic because it was less touristy and had a LIVE FRICKEN VOLCANO on it.

And manta rays are awesome.

1. Maui is better that Honolulu.

I definately agree that Maui is better than Honolulu. We visted the Big Island as well and we thought that was better than Maui. Much more laid back and relaxed.

There's more to Oahu than Honolulu. Get away from the city and the rest of the Island is beautiful. I agree though, Maui is better than Oahu, and the Big Island is better than Maui. But Kauai is better than the Big Island. That's the thing about Hawaii, it justs keeps getting better and better. :)

5. Sports news is odd out there. Colt Brennan's quest to make the Washington Redskins is front page news. I doubt anyone in Washington cares.
I doubt anyone in Hawaii cares! You're in Hawaii, why think about something as pointless as sports with all that recreation, scenery, beautiful women, and food and drink?! I love Hawaii. If I ever win the lottery, that's where I want to retire. ;)

Kauai is where we want to go next. The Manta Rays were awesome. We stayed at the Sheraton where the Rays congregate, it was very cool. It was awesome to see the live volcano, we didn't see actual red lava but we could see the smoke plume where it was dumping into the ocean.

I just got back from Hawaii a few weeks ago. I definately agree that Maui is better than Honolulu. We visted the Big Island as well and we thought that was better than Maui. Much more laid back and relaxed. Where did you go to a luau at? We went to Royal Lahaina. It was pretty good. I agree, watch out for the bottom of the ocean. Hawaii was amazing.
We did the luau at the Marriott in Wailea. Lahina is a cool town though.

There's more to Oahu than Honolulu. Get away from the city and the rest of the Island is beautiful. I agree though, Maui is better than Oahu, and the Big Island is better than Maui. But Kauai is better than the Big Island. That's the thing about Hawaii, it justs keeps getting better and better. :)
We did get out of Honolulu while we were on Oahu. The stuff outside the city is cool too. Didn't get a chance to visit the Big Island. Hopefully this will not be my last trip out there. :D

I'd love to just pick up and start a new life in Hawaii. Can a normal person make a decent living out there? I'm not a complicated person. Just need to earn enough to pay for shelter, food and DirecTV Sunday Ticket to follow my Browns. Who needs much else when you live in paradise?!

Sorry if things have been quiet here the last few days, doubt that :rolleyes:, but I have been on vacation in Hawaii. I don't have the time to read everything I've missed, so I will just sum up and say salsa "You're wrong!" :D

Anyway, Hawaii is awesome.

A few thoughts on the Aloha St.

1. Maui is better that Honolulu
2. Pool is better than beach. No sand, drinks nearby, and Hawaii has rocky ocean bottoms like a river. Be careful.
3. Must see a real luau. Unbeliveable. Anything with pretty girls and guys playing with fire is worth watching.
4. 6 hr time difference is weird. MNF comes on at 2:30. You can also watch morning news shows on cable at same time Letterman is on.

Glad to be back on the mainland just in time for the start of football season.

Wrong about what, that you are tool for anything North Carolina, or a tool for anything that is anti-North Carolina? ;)

I loved Hawaii when we went for our honeymoon a VERY long time ago(about 13 years ago come this September). We did 9 days...3 in Honolulu, 3 in Maui and 3 in Kona. I must say, I loved Kona the best....followed closely by Maui. I remember how freakin' expensive it was...I can only imagine now.