My orby install

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Grabbed an orby at bestbuy this morning. Got signal created account and then the software update. The software update killed the hdmi output to my older sharp 32” lcd. However I was able to use the composite and have video and audio. Going to try on a different TV. Just crazy that it worked before the software upgrade I played around with all the settings with no luck to get hdmi going. Will report back.

Yep, I'm curious what the HDMI does on a newer TV.

I also wonder if orby account will allow access to discovery GO etc...

After a little looking seems the management all have one thing in common they all worked at dtv in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

Reactions: truckracer
Grabbed an orby at bestbuy this morning. Got signal created account and then the software update. The software update killed the hdmi output to my older sharp 32” lcd. However I was able to use the composite and have video and audio. Going to try on a different TV. Just crazy that it worked before the software upgrade I played around with all the settings with no luck to get hdmi going. Will report back.

Maybe it changed the output to some setting your older tv set can't handle? Such as 1080p, or ?

Another thing is HDMI ports are real sensitive to static, especially older ones. IF you plugged/unplugged the HDMI cable with power on, it's quite likely to fry the port. I had an old HD tv set that did that to me.

Maybe it changed the output to some setting your older tv set can't handle? Such as 1080p, or ?

Another thing is HDMI ports are real sensitive to static, especially older ones. IF you plugged/unplugged the HDMI cable with power on, it's quite likely to fry the port. I had an old HD tv set that did that to me.

I tried different settings 720p and 1080i. I did confirm that the hdmi is still working with Apple TV.

It happen right after upgrade.

I tried different settings 720p and 1080i. I did confirm that the hdmi is still working with Apple TV.

It happen right after upgrade.

Oh, so the HDMI port of the TV set is still working? It's just the HDMI output from the new Orby receiver that's NOT outputting video, or something like that? If so, I'd call them up and report a defective receiver. Could be the firmware download is corrupted, and they can push it again. Or maybe it just decided to blow the port, and the firmware download just happened at the same time. Either way, call them.

“HD” Channels this is what CS said:

TNT
TBS
AMC
A&E
Comedy Central
Lifetime
Own
We tv
Discovery
History
ID
HGTV
Food Network
Animal Planet
TLC
Nick

Reactions: Wescopc and raydio
I just submitted an application to become a dealer.

Let’s hope this isn’t another Voom that ended up going Boom.

Well the sales guy appears to have worked at voom. So round #2.

I really wish they scarped the Viacom channels and either add fox suite or just lowered the package price to $31 to $32. I know when I looked hot and heavy to add tv to our fiber network Viacom must carry channels were about $9.75 a month and the must carry but not in main pack were about another $4.75 a month.

Voom was awesome. I was in college brings back great memories probably why I rushed out to grab an orby just no HD nightcalls on orby lol

Claude just wants to sell it so he can help try and make dish network lose more customers lol I highly doubt there is much margin in this product/service.

Claude just wants to sell it so he can help try and make dish network lose more customers lol I highly doubt there is much margin in this product/service.

I'd be willing to bet there is NO margin, except maybe on the installers side for adding extra's, such as pole mount, better antenna, antenna preamp, etc.

Reactions: raydio
Makes you wonder if mastec is getting $150 the installer is getting $75 maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Has anyone received the Professional Installation yet? I'm wondering what additional costs (or work) to have to account for. A lot of times standard or basic installation can mean something that is less than intuitive.

Reactions: FTA4PA and Titanium
Have a professional install scheduled next week on Tuesday 2/5/2019. Will report on what is provided with a standard vs custom install and any related charges.

The install was originally scheduled for Tuesday of this week, but Mastec called last Sunday to reschedule. The Mastec schedule rep indicated that they did not yet have all of the components to complete the install.