my pansat 9200 HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I wanted to share my experience with the pansat 9200 HD.
It has the 1204 software version in it.
This thing produces stunning HD from feeds that have been found. I thought the masterbroadcast standard def stuff looked good!! You should see this HD.

I smart scanned (blind searched) all my viewable sats from 55.5 west to 137 west both c and ku. Yeah I know that's a lot of sats LOL.

After getting this thing all loaded up with transponders and a huge channel list-it began to act goofy. It locked up over and over and I had to flip the power switch off and on several times.

To relieve this I went into the edit transponder list of every satellite and deleted all transponders except for one in every satellite. This DOES NOT effect your stored channels. while deleting as more and more transponders were deleted the remote control commands got faster and more responsive.

Next I deleted all scrambled channels from all sats. I usually like to keep them in there in case the go un-scrambled I can see them for a little while.

Now the box works perfectly with quick channel changes and no lock ups.

Thought that may help. My fortec lifetime ultra used to lock up when it was full of transponders too.

I also wanted to know if the "sata" jack for the external hard drive will be functional?

Does that turn this thing into a pvr? I couldn't find anything in the menus that had provisions for pvr options or hard drive options.

I am assuming this requires a software upgrade and an external sata drive.

I would love to have a pvr option on this box

Sounds like a pretty nice rec. How many channels did you have stored when it started acting goofy? Unusual way to have it work-when I delete transponders off any satellite on this Viewsat, whatever channels are associated with that transponder go too. Maybe you just meant you deleted 'empty' transponders.....
I have to get a new tv first, then I will start thinking about the hd receivers.

I deleted transponders that had active channels stored. The stored channels still work, the transponders just don't appear in the transponder list under that particular satellite.

My fortec ultra lifetime is the same way.

I think I had in the neighborhood of 1500 or so channels scanned in when it started to have seizures. Plus 400 or so radio channels (many didn't work).

I would imagine the memory of the receiver must have been maxed out since it works fine now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts