My quick 30W Frankendish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1badtwo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Ohio
I setup a dish last weekend for 30W before the snow hit. It's a CM 84e (old primestar) with a Starband OMT with two NJR LNBs. One was from the starband and the other was from my old 1M CM. Came home tonight and decided to take a pic in the snow! That's it just wanted to show some pics. Setup went smooth after the first hour when I realized I hadn't skewed the feed. :loco:

20131126_202409.jpg20131126_202430.jpg

That's dangerous looking, with the red wires running around on it, haha! How does it work with all the ice on the dish?

Woh...You flipped the Primestar and did all this in the snow...There is an occasional feed on Hispasat if ya like soccer....I have thought about doing this for the Telstar 12 dish to see if any gain or stability is worthwhile...

Looks cold to me..:)

That's dangerous looking, with the red wires running around on it, haha! How does it work with all the ice on the dish?

It dropped my signal a tiny bit, I checked it out when I went inside. Although it was coming down pretty hard so it might not have been the snow on the reflector.

Woh...You flipped the Primestar and did all this in the snow...There is an occasional feed on Hispasat if ya like soccer....I have thought about doing this for the Telstar 12 dish to see if any gain or stability is worthwhile...

I pulled a soccer feed the other night, but I haven't really found anything much else worthwhile to me. Do you already point at 30 with your Telstar 12 dish? My arm was in the dirt so I flipped it. Looks better this way.

I pulled a soccer feed the other night, but I haven't really found anything much else worthwhile to me. Do you already point at 30 with your Telstar 12 dish? My arm was in the dirt so I flipped it. Looks better this way.
Every night Cubavision and KTV2, show movies and programming thats on the commercial networks in English with Spanish subtitles and if your are bored there is also Sexysat.

Does anyone with a bigger dish find more feeds on Hispasat than those of us with 1 meter Primestars ? I've seen infrequent auto racing and concert feeds, but not much else worthwhile to me.

How many active TPs do have scanned in?

I count 20 TPs, 2 of which are newly scanned after reading your post. There's a feed with an interview @ 12005 H 2500. But I also scan in 11734 V 15000 and only get a blip of a signal. Can you tell me what's on that one ? Seems I AM missing some stuff on 30W. I need to put the PLL on that dish and see if I get better results. How many TPs should I get ?

No I don't have those 2 TPs. My transponder list shows 18 TPs and only 12 are active. My channel list show 68 channels. However it is only a 25" dish!

I to should put the PLL back on and rescan.

I did a rescan and I have 2 new TPs 12000/H/5000 and 11935/V/3000. 12000 is active but nothing on it. 11935 1 channel, TELECARIBE COLUMB.

Every night Cubavision and KTV2, show movies and programming thats on the commercial networks in English with Spanish subtitles and if your are bored there is also Sexysat.

I will check out Cubavision and KTV2. I have seen Sexysat and I believe the channel name is false advertising, if the picture quality could get any worse the girls might look better!

I have seen that sexysat it should be called want to be sexysat you couldn't drink those girls cute if its broadcast from Brazil put some better looking women on there. Cubavision is a decent channel to watch and KTV2.

Dan Rose

But I have one question. Shouldn't the feed match the dish? RE: the wide dimensions should match, feed/scalar and the dish, shouldn't they?
Haven't done the fall tune up yet, waiting for the ground to freeze solid*, so the sidewinder fashion 1.2 isn't exactly 'peaked'. But a scan (S9) just now got 43 FTA channels and 9 transponders. With itinerants the ch list is at 52 and total TP's is 17. (which are both occasionally 'cleaned' of inactive ch/tp)
*Freeze thaw makes things move slightly as all is 'NPRM' style here.

Yeah, it's the right feed, and looked (to me at least) that it's rotated 90° from where it should be, but after inspecting mine closer appears it is correct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)