My Random Thoughts

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
1. I think Ray Allen is out of his shooting slump after tonight.

2. The Pistons are, to paraphrase Charles Barkley, cockroaches- they don't go away, but they always leave their hearts on the floor.

3. I don't think any of the A.L. teams are looking forward to visiting Philadelphia when Interleague play starts- Citizens Bank Park is a scary place if you're a pitcher

4. The Cincinnati Reds were foolish to give up on Josh Hamilton.

5. I think Adam Dunn should enter this year's Home-Run Derby- imagine how he'll do against easy pitches.

6. Rasheed Wallace is the most underrated three-point shooter in basketball- why didn't he shoot more threes against Philly and Orlando?

7. Brent Barry, IMO and from my perspective, passed up a wide-open Robert Horry in last night's finish- Barry does NOT know how to make clutch playoff shots

8. Is Barry Zito the worst free-agent signing in baseball history?

9. Do you think the Pistons would be faring differently in their series against the Boston Celtics if they still had Ben Wallace?

10. Is free-throw shooting REALLY that important in the NBA playoffs?

11. If Johan Franzen scores a spectacular goal in a game the Red Wings don't win, does it make a sound?

12. I hope Mark Jackson stays in the booth- he, Mike Breen and Jeff van Gundy are very good.

13. Flip Saunders, IMO, is the NBA's version of Barry Switzer- a guy who has a ton of wins because he is fortunate to have such a strong team. I don't think Saunders does much as a coach in Detroit- he sits and takes credit for what the Pistons do on the court.

14. Tonight's Pistons/Celtics game was one of the best games I have ever seen.

15. If a player pulls off an inside-the-park homer in a game his team loses, does it make a sound?

16. Does anyone care or give a you-know-what about the Canadian Football League.

Last edited:
3. I don't think any of the A.L. teams are looking forward to visiting Philadelphia when Interleague play starts- Citizens Bank Park is a scary place if you're a pitcher

6. Rasheed Wallace is the most underrated three-point shooter in basketball-

9. Do you think the Pistons would be faring differently in their series against the Boston Celtics if they still had Ben Wallace?

11. If Johan Franzen scores a spectacular goal in a game the Red Wings don't win, does it make a sound?

14. Tonight's Pistons/Celtics game was one of the best games I have ever seen.

3. Who cares, there are plenty of little bandbox stadiums around now, shouldn't make a difference.

6. Too bad he doesn't do more scoring in the paint, where he belongs, gee afterall, he IS 6-11 and 230, what an idea :eureka

9. I doubt it

11. Does it make a sound ??? Where does that come from ???
To answer that one, does it make a sound : No
He scored last night and not a peep from the Pens fans, then again, why would they cheer for an opponents goal ?

Jimbo

3. Great American Ballpark is scarier for pitchers.
4. Absolutely
5. I hope he does too

6. Rasheed Wallace is the most underrated three-point shooter in basketball- why didn't he shoot more threes against Philly and Orlando? Because he's 6'11"

7. Brent Barry, IMO and from my perspective, passed up a wide-open Robert Horry in last night's finish- Barry does NOT know how to make clutch playoff shots. Tough call. It was a pressure situation in which time was expiring and he thought he drew a foul.

8. Is Barry Zito the worst free-agent signing in baseball history? If you take in consideration the amount of his contract and his performance, YES.

9. Do you think the Pistons would be faring differently in their series against the Boston Celtics if they still had Ben Wallace? It sure wouldn't hurt. Ben played some great defense for the Cav's in the playoffs this year.

10. Is free-throw shooting REALLY that important in the NBA playoffs? YES.

12. I hope Mark Jackson stays in the booth- he, Mike Breen and Jeff van Gundy are very good. I can't stand Gundy. He wines too much.

14. Tonight's Pistons/Celtics game was one of the best games I have ever seen. Not by far.

16. Does anyone care or give a you-know-what about the Canadian Football League. No. In America, NFL is king.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts