My Random Thoughts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
It's time for another edition of random thoughts!

1. What the Indians are going through this year is something I can relate to, not just HD MM- Like his team, my Sabres were a team that came close to reaching league championship, follows up with a not-as-good season, and lets key names go (Sabathia, Briere, Drury, Campbell).

2. Over/Under: 3.5 homeruns hit in the All-Star Game?

3. Has any of the other major sports (not MLB) ever had a polarizing Bonds-esque figure- great, yet unlikeable, moody, and a possible cheater?

4. I miss Sandra.

5. Will the new Oklahoma City hoops team get moved to a different division- it doesn't exactly sound like a place in the Northwest.

6. What will the win/loss record be for the new year's team?

7. NBA Summer League basketball may be irrelevant and annoying to hear about, but it's still way better than the MLS All-Star Game (I'll get to that soon).

8. What I hate about MLS- they picked up where the NHL left off with TIES! I'm glad hockey got rid of them- MLS needs to do so. How about sudden death, golden goal, or just go to a shootout? Ties leave me wanting more.

9. Any of the Michigan guys on here rooting for Grand Rapids to make the Arena Bowl (Paul and some others)?

10. Anyone care about the ESPY awards? (I don't- I'll see who won down the line, but I won't watch the actual show.)

11. Now that the Blackhawks are a lot better, which NHL team is in the worst shape at this moment? It used to be Chicago many a time, but not anymore.

12. Where should I go for dinner tonight- Uno's or Baker's Square?

13. I'll bet none of you know this, but July 25th is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day. In fact, here are some others interesting days:

July 13 - National Ice Cream Day
July 21 - National Junk Food Day

July 23 - National Vanilla Ice Cream Day
July 25 - National Hot Fudge Sundae Day

If you go to this site, you'll find other food holidays:

index/ Calendar / Food Holidays / Directory / National  / week / day / month / observances / Holiday

14. If I'm going to make brownies, what do you recommend- Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, or other?

15. Did HD MM ever go to a game at the old Cleveland Stadium?

16. Sometimes, what you say is what you get after all.

Example- a few weeks ago, Bill said this:

Pats better cut Andrews..................or I may just cut them!!!

Well, turns out they did the right thing after all and send the gun-toter packing.

As a result, you don't see the words "Thugs and Drugs" next to Patriots in his siggy anymore.

1. What the Indians are going through this year is something I can relate to, not just HD MM- Like his team, my Sabres were a team that came close to reaching league championship, follows up with a not-as-good season, and lets key names go (Sabathia, Briere, Drury, Campbell). Yes. It's not a fun thing.

2. Over/Under: 3.5 homeruns hit in the All-Star Game? Under. It's a roid free All-Star game this year!

4. I miss Sandra. You don't say?! ;)

10. Anyone care about the ESPY awards? (I don't- I'll see who won down the line, but I won't watch the actual show.) I usually DVR it and blast through it. I enjoyed last year when LeBron was the host. LeBron singing and doing a Bobby Brown/ MC Hammer impersonation was to die for!

12. Where should I go for dinner tonight- Uno's or Baker's Square? Never been to Uno's, but I certainly can vouch for Baker's Squares Pies! Madone! They're awesome!

15. Did HD MM ever go to a game at the old Cleveland Stadium? Yes, I've been to the old Municipal Stadium many times for both Browns and Indians games. None of any significance, but needless to say, my appreciation for all things Cleveland were molded by those great gameday atmospheres and crowds!

4. I miss Sandra. You don't say?! ;)

Thanks HD MM,

I just spit iced tea all over my monitor on this one. LMAO, funny stuff.

It's time for another edition of random thoughts!

2. Over/Under: 3.5 homeruns hit in the All-Star Game?

I'll say under..............two will be hit.

3. Has any of the other major sports (not MLB) ever had a polarizing Bonds-esque figure- great, yet unlikeable, moody, and a possible cheater?

I can't think of any.

5. Will the new Oklahoma City hoops team get moved to a different division- it doesn't exactly sound like a place in the Northwest.

There's really no other place to put them at this time

10. Anyone care about the ESPY awards?

About as much as a root canal.

11. Now that the Blackhawks are a lot better, which NHL team is in the worst shape at this moment? It used to be Chicago many a time, but not anymore.

I'd have to say the L.A. Kings, BTW, when did the Blackhawks get "a lot better"?

12. Where should I go for dinner tonight- Uno's or Baker's Square?

I don't care for Uno's and have never heard of Baker's Suare (probably none in my area). Sorry, can't help you there.

14. If I'm going to make brownies, what do you recommend- Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, or other?

Not much of a sweet tooth, but I LOVE brownies. As far as brownie mixes go, Pillsbury is the best :up, followed by Betty Crocker. IMO, Duncan Hines is a distant third.

16. Sometimes, what you say is what you get after all.

Example- a few weeks ago, Bill said this:

Well, turns out they did the right thing after all and send the gun-toter packing.

As a result, you don't see the words "Thugs and Drugs" next to Patriots in his siggy anymore.

Again, glad they did the right thing and released the woman- beating POS.

1 - Cleveland deserves what it gets in sports. What is it, 1962 and counting?

2 - Under. Its Yankee Stadium.

3 - POSSIBLE cheater? Cheater. And, no, other sports are not run by Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig. So they identify cheats and eliminate them long before this point.

5 - NBA divisions are irrlelevant.

7 - I was in LV last summer and they were leting people in to the summer league games for $2. In a city of 500K with an average of 200K tourists present at any one time, they found a couple of dozen takers. Minor League Soccer should, like all soccer be treated like an imputent child. Ignore it long enough and it will GO AWAY.

8 - MORE soccer?

10 -No. The ESPYs are just ESPN hype. Meaningless filler.

12 - We do not have Baker's Square around here. Is it good? I like Unos.

1 - Cleveland deserves what it gets in sports. What is it, 1962 and counting?

2 - Under. Its Yankee Stadium.

3 - POSSIBLE cheater? Cheater. And, no, other sports are not run by Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig. So they identify cheats and eliminate them long before this point.

5 - NBA divisions are irrlelevant.

7 - I was in LV last summer and they were leting people in to the summer league games for $2. In a city of 500K with an average of 200K tourists present at any one time, they found a couple of dozen takers. Minor League Soccer should, like all soccer be treated like an imputent child. Ignore it long enough and it will GO AWAY.

8 - MORE soccer?

10 -No. The ESPYs are just ESPN hype. Meaningless filler.

12 - We do not have Baker's Square around here. Is it good? I like Unos.

Would it kill you to say something positive about sports?

You have NEVER said a nice thing; combined with the fact that you flat out lied about Hendrick faking his leukemia, I may have to do the unthinkable:

Put you on my ignore list.

No, it convicted felon Rick Hendrick who lied about the leukemia. And if you review the thread, I was not even the poster who brought that established fact up.

Hey guys lets stop beating a dead horse with the Hendrick stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts