My Shop has a hopper 3

On the mention of remote. Is it just some other reason you got that remote, or are the reports that it comes with the Touch remote false? This I'm most curious about. The remote pictured above looks like a downgrade from the current while the touch remote looks like an upgrade.

It sounds like nothing more than the touch remote isn't ready (whether that's from a development standpoint or availability standpoint). There have been reports that it will be available in a month or two, which, if that is true, suggests they're in production and will be on the way "soon".

It sounds like nothing more than the touch remote isn't ready (whether that's from a development standpoint or availability standpoint). There have been reports that it will be available in a month or two, which, if that is true, suggests they're in production and will be on the way "soon".

Does anybody have word from DISH on this? By now, I'd expect official clarification. Here's what I said on another thread regarding the H3 & 4K Joey launching without the Hopper Voice Remote:

This is good information. It's disappointing that the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey are launching without the Hopper Voice Remote. In a January 2015 press release, DISH says that the "Hopper Voice will ship with all Hoppers and 4K Joeys, while the Hopper Standard will be included with other Joeys." And even in their press release this month, DISH says, "[The Hopper 3] features a sleek, modern UI/UX and is navigated using the Hopper Voice Remote." DISH all along has made it seem like the Hopper Voice Remote is shipping with these receivers, but I'll admit that only hardcore fans like us probably know that.

So what's the story? The Hopper 3 and 4K Joey will be bundled with the Hopper Standard Remote until end of Q1, at which point they'll be bundled with the Hopper Voice Remote? That'd be kind of...inelegant and haphazard, as March is only a couple of months away. Or is the plan now to sell the Hopper Voice Remote separately? In that case, which receivers are compatible? When will it be available and what is the price?

If it turns out that I can get a Hopper 3 next week with the Hopper Standard Remote for free or $150, or I can wait a month or two and get a Hopper 3 with the Voice Remote for free or $150, then well...I'm waiting. And in my opinion, it's kind of a slipshod release plan on DISH's part, however impressive the Hopper 3 is.

FWIW, when I ordered from Dish Depot, their product description advertises that it is coming with the voice remote. So, I wouldn't expect them to put that there unless it's true. But at the same time, wouldn't be shocked to see it missing.

Installers who have the Hopper 3 in their inventory have posted which remote is included. Actually, there are pictures in this thread (^ above). I don't know what remote that is myself... I've seen people refer to a 50.0, 52.0, touch remote, voice remote, etc. Is a 50.0 the touch or voice and vis-versa ?

I could care less if the remote is the voice remote or not. I would never use it, because I feel like an idiot talking to a phone or a remote control. Plus they never usually understand a Southern Appalachian accent anyway. I will continue to use my 40.0 remote most likely, along with my Harmony remote.

I don't know what remote that is myself... I've seen people refer to a 50.0, 52.0, touch remote, voice remote, etc. Is a 50.0 the touch or voice and vis-versa ?

I believe the 50 remote is the touch/voice remote, 52 is the one pictured above w/o the touchpad.

Does anybody have word from DISH on this? By now, I'd expect official clarification. Here's what I said on another thread regarding the H3 & 4K Joey launching without the Hopper Voice Remote:

If it turns out that I can get a Hopper 3 next week with the Hopper Standard Remote for free or $150, or I can wait a month or two and get a Hopper 3 with the Voice Remote for free or $150, then well...I'm waiting. And in my opinion, it's kind of a slipshod release plan on DISH's part, however impressive the Hopper 3 is.

There hasn't been an official release date for the Hopper 3 yet so it's hard to say it's a slipshod release. So far it's just been leaked information. I'll save my judgement for when it's actually released and I've seen it myself.

Reactions: Foxbat and jazzfan
I was the first install of the Hopper by Dish in my area on March 19, 2012. It didn't go well. He had trouble getting the Hoppers authorized and updated but made the mistake of trying to download the 2 Joeys S/W simultaneously. This put them both into an unrecoverable state and it took a few days to get replacements. I hope the new installs go better.

I was the first install of the Hopper by Dish in my area on March 19, 2012. It didn't go well. He had trouble getting the Hoppers authorized and updated but made the mistake of trying to download the 2 Joeys S/W simultaneously. This put them both into an unrecoverable state and it took a few days to get replacements. I hope the new installs go better.

I don't see any reason why there would be a problem. We're not talking about a totally new system like it was when you had it installed before. This is similar technology and actually an easier install.

Without having used the new remote, I'm ready to say it sucks compared to the old remote. I will hold on to my "old" remotes for sure. They are setup perfectly.

Without having used the new remote, I'm ready to say it sucks compared to the old remote. I will hold on to my "old" remotes for sure. They are setup perfectly.

Good thing the old remotes are compatible. I will be hanging on to all of my remotes. I still have my original 922 touch pad remote. I have bad memories of that thing and I hope the new one won't be similar.

Reactions: lakebum431
Good thing the old remotes are compatible. I will be hanging on to all of my remotes. I still have my original 922 touch pad remote. I have bad memories of that thing and I hope the new one won't be similar.
Yep, I sure am glad the remotes are capable too. I have twenty 40.0 remotes, sixteen in use and four spares.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts