MyFilestore.com - Your Free File Hosting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly that sounds like a browser redirect virus, I read about an issue like this a few months ago. Google myfilestore & virus.

Has happened to me on two separate occasions on two separate machines. Looks like a name resolution hijack or something.

Happened to me twice this week. Only occurring at SatelliteGuys. I took a screencap. Capture.JPG

It keeps happening to me, but not very often (1-2x/day for the last few days).

It is like someone is trying to do an exploit but it is not very successful.

So it's not related to VBSEO. Enough people are seeing it when trying to visit THIS site that it's most likely coming from here...

Happened to me again just now. Seems like it's on the first visit of the day. Scott, this doesn't happen on any other site. I think the problem is on your end.

Been through everything here, and can't find anything. Nor is it happening to the majority of people who visit the site, so I am at a loss.

Been through everything here, and can't find anything. Nor is it happening to the majority of people who visit the site, so I am at a loss.

I really think it has to be something to do with entering the site via a yahoo or google bookmark. I have not had it happen if I type the name or use the browser (chrome) bookmarks. It only happens when I access the site after I have been off of it for several hours via the yahoo bookmark.

I was able to reproduce in IE by going to yahoo, doing search for satelliteguys.us then clicking on the search result. Again it only happened the first time, and after that it did not happen again. I assume if I wait a few hours it will happen again. Now of course clicking on a search result notifies yahoo/google first so they know search rankings and what you clicked on, before actually going to satelliteguys.us, I think it is similar to how the bookmarks must work.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't using the bookmarks in your pc's browser (I.E., Firefox, etc.) solve this problem, rather than using 3rd party search-engine bookmarks?

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't using the bookmarks in your pc's browser (I.E., Firefox, etc.) solve this problem, rather than using 3rd party search-engine bookmarks?

The advantage of yahoo/google bookmarks is that they follow you when you make changes on all your computers.

That being said, the fact that it happens when people do a search on yahoo/google that leads them to this site is a pretty serious problem. Instead of coming here they find themselves downloading a virus. They back out and never try to come to this site again.

I know this site, so despite this problem I come back. New people will not do so. Something is corrupting yahoo and google search results and bookmarks for this site. Which makes me think there has been a subtle hack here. Something that is not affecting most people, just a few. When these sites send a user here, there must be something different than just the URL, it is probably something that indicates a referral. This is what is triggering this issue. This site must treat the referral different (could just be a statistic) and this is what is what has been corrupted.

I hate to say it but there is definitely a corruption here. It is not mainstream, and it is not affecting regular users that use browser bookmarks to get here. It is affecting those that come in via search and via third party bookmarks. Perhaps a gift left by the last hacker that broke in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)