MyFilestore.com - Your Free File Hosting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I take that back. Page 22 is still blocked by Avast but everything else works perfectly.

I don't think any member is concerned about having to try a 2nd time to get here. There is a potential security issue involved on the server side. No, it doesn't involve bank account details, credit card numbers, etc. Also, when I first reported this, Scott indicated he had noticed a drop in ad revenue because some visitors coming here via Google or Yahoo may have seen that and presumed the site was broken (or hacked) and never returned.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Scott indicated he had noticed a drop in ad revenue because some visitors coming here via Google or Yahoo may have seen that and presumed the site was broken (or hacked) and never returned.
Not really, in the two days we had it gone ad revenue was back up to normal again. But while it was here our revenue declined about 70%.

But while it was here our revenue declined about 70%.
That's my point.... I had the problem occurring for a few days before I reported it to you. It was surely happening to others and people either a) tried a 2nd time and continued on or b) got scared away.

I think a lot of people are scared to point out something is wrong with the site.... My first reaction was one of our PCs got hijacked, but I was also seeing it on others PCs in the house plus my Mac at work. That's when I suspected it wasn't "me" and figured you'd better be made aware of it. ;)

Well, I take that back. Page 22 is still blocked by Avast but everything else works perfectly.

Lol, page 22 is the page where Scott posted a text of some of the malicious code. Nothing to worry about.

That's my point.... I had the problem occurring for a few days before I reported it to you. It was surely happening to others and people either a) tried a 2nd time and continued on or b) got scared away.

I think a lot of people are scared to point out something is wrong with the site.... My first reaction was one of our PCs got hijacked, but I was also seeing it on others PCs in the house plus my Mac at work. That's when I suspected it wasn't "me" and figured you'd better be made aware of it. ;)

Same here. I was scanning my computer for viruses and nothing found. Then I noticed it's happening on all of my computers, plus my iPhone and iPad, plus my friends' computers, so then I determined it was a site issue, but by then this thread was here :) .

Same thing with me. I noticed it on around the 6th, but thought it was something wrong with the computer I was on, but then I reported it on the 7th in a different thread, but Scott was unable to reproduce. Then this thread started. By the 10th a reliable means of reproducing it. What is scary is that the security team could not find it, and in reality Scott was the one that figured out how to disable it until it was found.

This one is hitting a lot of sites. If you go to google and search for myfilestore redirect just from the last week. And you will see there is many many sites with the problem.

I have been sharing my findings with other sites and the Securi team.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

5:30 April 20 and everything is working fine so far. I even checked from my Android.

Just encountered the MyFilestore page again .... but at a different site (running VB) :D
Phew... Don't scare me like that!

Do a Google Search for Myfilestore redirect and set the options to search only from the last week and look at how many sites have been hit with it. :(

I am just glad its GONE!

Haha !! I did it on purpose too !! :D

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts