Mysterious D9223 Problem--HELP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
Hey,

I'm working with our local access station and high school to start up a newscast. Long story, but we licensed the CNN Newsource feeds and we're working to configure the receiver--a Scientific Atlanta D9223.

So--long story short--I took the receiver and a monitor outside, aimed the dish, got a signal strength of 53ish according to the D9223 (61ish according to my Pansat 2500a), and picked up the CNN Feeds.

Here's where it gets mysterious--I took the video equipment back inside, hooked it back up, got a signal level of 53 again--but this time, no matter what I seem to try, I get a "NO LOCK" and "No Signal" message on the D9223. I can pick up the unencrypted channels on AMC-3 using the Pansat, and I'm actually using the exact same cable I used when I hooked everything up outside--and yet I can't get a signal with D9223.

I've factory reset the unit a few times, quadruple-checked the connections and settings, and still no luck.

Any ideas? I'm out of 'em. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

The reciver may have lost authorization.. You may need to call CNN and have the reciever reauthorized.

If I recall correctly, the D9223 also has a quality meter, as well as a signal meter.. what does it show?

Can you recieve the unencrypted channels with the D9223? or have you only tried the PVu+ channel

If your looking for DVB clear stuff with the PowerVu D9223 you have to put it in another mode. I will forward the instructions to you.

Wholeshoe

Another thing I should say is, was the D9223 provided by CNN? If so, then you should not monkey around with its settings... Instead I would call CNN and get it reauthorized.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)