Please reply by conversation.

starman345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
New Brunswick, Canada
Haven't had a chance to try this, gotta work today:mad:

Copy and paste from the MyTheatre website below:

First thing you need to know: This is beta version and therefore, many bugs possible.

* DVBCore engine has been rewritten at 99% to fit into H264 requirements and make it more flexible for future development
* Cards not providing full TS packets and/or has not-possible-to-disable PID filters are (and will be) not supported in version 4. These cards are Nexus/SkyStar1, Broadlogic/VBox cards, USB1.1 cards. For those cards version 3 of MyTheatre should be used.
* Currently supported cards:
- All BDA DVBS/DVBS2 compatible cards through generic BDA interface (8PSK transponders supported only if card support automatic Modulation/FEC search)
- All BDA DVBC/DVBT/ATSC
- All TeVii cards
- Technisat SkyStar2 through official SDK. (see note below)
- Technotrend Budget PCI (DVBS and DVBS2) through WDM drivers (Tested on S3200 PCI board)
- Technotrend Budget PCI and USB (DVBS and DVBS2) through BDA drivers (Tested on S3200 PCI board)
- Genpix 8PSK boards.
- DVBTech 8PSK board.
- Hauppauge HVR4000
- Twinhan cards (probably all)
Support for other cards will be added later as soon as it will be possible.
* Main recording format now is Transport Stream (.ts) as more universal. All active PIDs for current channel will be recorded. It means all audio streams, subtitles, etc.. will be recorded as well. While playback such files, user will able to choose required audio track and subtitles (if present). Most modern players are able to play .ts files as well.

About H264 codecs:
so far, all tested codecs are working. Stability mostly depends on codec itself.
I suggest PowerDVD 8 decoders. Just install PowerDVD 8 and then its decoders will be available for choose in MyTheatre Autograph settings.
Some H264 decoders, such as PowerDVD, MPC-HC support Hardware Video Acceleration (DXVA). If you have Video Card supporting DXVA for H264 then CPU loading on H264 channels will be around 2-5% only(!).
In short, for H264 DXVA you need:
1) PowerDVD 8 or MPC-HC (june build)
2) proper VGA card (i tested on ATI HD2600XT and ATI HD3200)
3) for Windows XP video renderer should be Video Mixing Renderer 7/9. For Vista video renderer should be Enhanced Video Renderer

-------------------
about SkyStar2:
I found that not all SS2 revisions work with DiSEqC v1.2 through official SDK. For example, my 2.6C aren't. Funny eh? I don't know why Technisat decided to disable DiSEqC v1.2 for some revisions. After patching Sky2PCAVSrc.ax my 2.6C started to work with diseqc without problem.
here you may download patched version for Sky2PCAVSrc.ax (manual replace for experienced users) and whole install (for all users. Cleaned from bundled software):

Go to the MyTheatre website to download and more info

excellent news, I mainly use tsreader now, but when I was using my computer as an HTPC, as many users do, MT was my choice, its an excellent piece of software.

You must have an account on the forum, and be a registered user to access the part of the forum where the announcement and link to the file resides.

Have not tried it yet, but after reading what has been posted, I may wait on the second beta release. :)

You must have an account on the forum, and be a registered user to access the part of the forum where the announcement and link to the file resides.

Have not tried it yet, but after reading what has been posted, I may wait on the second beta release. :)

I have an account on the forum, but I'm not a registered user. I guess I'll wait until it's available to the general public.

The release notes specify it supports s2 but only wheb the tuner supports auto modulation and fec... Are there tuners that support auto modulation detection?

MyTheatre 4.0 beta works with DVB-S2 signals on a TT S2-3200. It locks the signals and scans in the channels. But not all pid info scans in and I had to update each channel that was missing some pid info individually. Once it had the correct pid info, then all was fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)