n00b diseqc config question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
so i installed my second geosatpro this weekend and hit 101. i got pretty good signal and everything on the list came in except llbn and kuil. i'll tackle that later.

i thought installing the diseqc 2.0 switch i had would be easy and straight forward, but i must be missing something. i put 101 on #2 and 123 on #3. i was a little confused about the setting in the visionsat menu, but I set diseqc 1.0 on 2 for the 101 and 3 for 123.

101 shows signal, but 123 does not. i tried a mix and match of settings in the menu, but no luck. what is the appropriate way to set this up on the visionsat iv200?

It sounds correct . I suspect the switch, it's the least quality component. Try 123W on port 1, and set THAT in the antenna setup for 123W . I assume that without the switch, 123W come in just fine. If the switch is a problem, perhaps a 22khz switch would be better. The 22khz switches tend to be more reliable and less "touchy".

i am using universal LNBs. since it is a diseqc 2.0 switch, which diseqc setting should i be using in the visionsat menu since it doesn't have a 2.0 option.

I am using 2 ports of a Diseqc switch on my Iv200, cable connected to port 1 and port 2 .
In the Visionsat, I use the Diseqc 1.0 port 1 and the Diseqc 1.0 port 2 .
Your settings appear to be correct for the way your cables are connected. Perhaps your Diseqc switch is faulty ?
Try changing the cable that is not working to another Diseqc port on the switch ( port 1 for example), and change your Visionsat setting to Diseqc #1 port 1 as well .

Brent, i was doing that until it started to rain. hopefully tomorrow it will be nice and clear.

maybe the clouds were just messing with me.

everything is working great today. that diseqc switch must not have liked the drizzle and humidity. it's sunny today and working great.

is kuil (fox) still up there ? i cannot get any signal on that transponder while i have 80+ quality on others. you would think i could get it since i am in tx.

everything is working great today. that diseqc switch must not have liked the drizzle and humidity. it's sunny today and working great.

is kuil (fox) still up there ? i cannot get any signal on that transponder while i have 80+ quality on others. you would think i could get it since i am in tx.

On my fortec ultra I had to enter the information manually in order to get it.

hah, just used the information from lyngsat and its on. i guess the lists at global-cm are a little dated. thanks schlever!

Last edited:
Glad to see its working for you. Each receiver/lnb combination may be a bit different in terms of frequency/symbol rate. My fortec takes the global-cm lists just fine, but my digiwave upstairs is usually a one or two off.

now i need to do something about getting NBC. the wife doesn't want anymore dishes up, but i am thinking minibud.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts