Nabbed by the commitment capper!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bob - I'm guessing the commitment was from adding the receiver, not having it swapped out under protection plan.

How far apart were the dates? Perhaps the CSR just mispoke regarding the swap out.

You really paid $499 to BBY? All their stuff is leased, I didn't think they ever had HR21Pro?

It was a HR22-100 sorry if i put hr 21, and yes they were selling them, as I got this one specifically for CE's as they were testing ce features on the HR22's but not on the HR20's. I cant remember what feature, I think it was the Direc to pc application at the time, and at the time it was 499 for an outright purchase or 199 for leasing. Sence then Best Buy has moved on to leasing only and has removed the 499 price tag completly from their website.

Best Buy never sold HR2x for $499.

Ahh yea they did, this was like a year and 3 months ago, in fact D* at the time was balking over the price it took to manufacture the unit's. Also, I remember being surprised that my best buy actually had the units as they were just coming in stock at the time and was the latest and greatest at the time.

If you have the protection plan and you are replacing the bad receiver, then the new one shouldn't invoke the 2-year commitment, should it? If so, what good is the Protection Plan?

You would think, I had to have my original one from best buy swapped out as the SWM tuner was bad on it and it would not show anything from the 2nd internal tuner. I would get the aquiring sat signal on tuner 2. But this isnt the first time that its happened, and its been proven over and over that D* extends contracts on equipment swaps without even telling the consumer that they are doing it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts