Nagra 3 Encryption????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

marco916

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Sacramento
Hey guys, any of you take part on the FTA group on Facebook, the group moderator had banned any talk of IKS Systems, but lifted that ban because of this Nagra 3 Encryption to be rolled out on FTA signals, could anybody explain if this is going to be a serious issue for us FTA hobbyists, and something to be worried about in the future. It sounded like it's been already rolled out on a few birds. I didn't even know what IKS systems meant, until somebody explained it on the FaceBook FTA group. :eek:

nothing to see here:

Both N3 & IKS have to do with hacking DishNetwork ( & BEV).
Since we have a rule against that here, I don't believe there is anything to discuss on an honest FTA forum like ours.
...going to be a serious issue for us FTA hobbyists...
Only in that, there may or may not be liquidations on some hack-friendly FTA boxes.
But, any hand-wringing, or forecasting when that'll happen is a big waste of time.
If and when it happens, we'll all hear about it and take advantage of it.

Nagra 3 has nothing to do with FTA. It is the new encryption method being implemented by Dish Network and already in full use with Expressvu or whatever they're calling themselves these days. True FTA signals are not encrypted, hence the term FREE TO AIR. Either you misunderstood what the moderator was saying or he just simply doesn't know what he's talking about.

I see

it's a form hacking DishBoxes, I thought it was something we had to be worried about with a true FTA signal. I wasn't sure how to properly ask the question in this group, I thought I would ask the experts first :D

Since both (N3 & IKS) have to do with hacking DishNetwork, and since we have a rule against that here, I don't believe there is anything to discuss on an honest FTA forum like ours.

Only in that, there may or may not be liquidations on some hack-friendly FTA boxes.
But, any hand-wringing, or forecasting when that'll happen is a big waste of time.
If and when it happens, we'll all hear about it and take advantage of it.

I misunderstood

I totally misunderstood the whole concept, IKS, Nagra 3, never heard of this until tonight. :eureka

Nagra 3 has nothing to do with FTA. It is the new encryption method being implemented by Dish Network and already in full use with Expressvu or whatever they're calling themselves these days. True FTA signals are not encrypted, hence the term FREE TO AIR. Either you misunderstood what the moderator was saying or he just simply doesn't know what he's talking about.

If u look on ebay u see alot of those so called IKS receivers like Nfusion. Some guy TV-Toyz seems to sell them all the time and advertises IKS, I wonder why Dish Network don't go after that and other sellers.

why its bascaly same boxes u guys are using just deffrent manufactor of box, there selling box unhacked the hacker has to apply files etc to box for to work or hack dish..

why its bascaly same boxes u guys are using just deffrent manufactor of box, there selling box unhacked the hacker has to apply files etc to box for to work or hack dish..

I was under the impression that with those new Nfusion boxes, that they have some deal where they automatically update the pirate codes via the internet or something. I think that has crossed the line relative to where the dealers can claim that they aren't selling a pirate box.

However back to the OPs question, I think that IF the Nagra-3 puts the pirates out of business (unlikely), as many have mentioned, we may initially have a bunch of cheaper receivers available on ebay. However the long term impact on the FTA community could be that the manufacturers would decide that there isn't enough market in North America to justify manufacturing receivers for us.
The bottom line is that we wouldn't really have a FTA hobby if it weren't for the pirate community, except for those of us wealthy enough or lucky enough to be able to find commercial receivers. So I always find the scorn expressed against the DN pirates to be a bit silly. We need them. Yes, there would be some receivers available due to DBV's popularity in Europe, but we'd have to deal with receivers that weren't designed to work with the sats, TV and OTA standards available in NA.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a short life of Nagra-3's effectiveness. Otherwise I don't see ANY manufacturer bothering to make new receivers with the features we're all looking for.

I think prices would fall to a point where we could all snag up some great bargains if the new encryption worked for even two or three months. Six months would be better though.

keep an eye on euro IRDs. I've been snooping around. You would think Traxis could come up with some ideas on a new receiver. Doesn't Traxis make unhackable units?

I was under the impression that with those new Nfusion boxes, that they have some deal where they automatically update the pirate codes via the internet or something. I think that has crossed the line relative to where the dealers can claim that they aren't selling a pirate box.

These IKS receivers are card sharing units, one subbed card shared to whatever receivers are plugged to the internet, we hope that Dish and Bell will be able to find out what cards are being shared to shut them down, this is a big problem for Bell right now.

These IKS receivers are card sharing units, one subbed card shared to whatever receivers are plugged to the internet, we hope that Dish and Bell will be able to find out what cards are being shared to shut them down, this is a big problem for Bell right now.

A big problem is right, N3 has been in Canada on Expressvu for several months now and very little has changed, its business as usual. Once again the providers have shot themselves in the foot. They've spent all that $$ for a card swap and in some ways have made the situation even worse than before. This exact scenerio has been going on Europe for a while longer than here and they must be blind not to see what was going on there.
The European boxes are starting to show up here now, they have a network port on them, I wonder what that is for?;)
BTW, since Expressvu went N3 last fall, I"ve not noticed any increase of stb's on Ebay. Everyone of those boxes that was used prior to N3 are now dead in the water, where are they? I think they are going into the closet, or landfills because none of the hackers even know there are people who are non hackers who might be interested in buying the boxes, they figure they are totally useless and they move on to the next box.

keep an eye on euro IRDs. I've been snooping around. You would think Traxis could come up with some ideas on a new receiver. Doesn't Traxis make unhackable units?

There is no hack for the Traxis receivers because the manufacture is in the True FTA market.

Think about it. To add the decryption code to the software of a fta box the code writer would need the source code. And only the manufacture has the source code.

i ment fta boxes the sellers sell them with no files etc as reg fta boxes like fortech, panat, captivewoorks,coolsat to name just a few there true fta boxes after sold hackers purchase the boxes then they hack them, which now at this point is were its illegal but not when 1st sold, acatacly were i live about 20-30miles away there is a big flea market theres a guy there selling these boxes and you can see on 2 big tvs he has there and acatly watch him selling and putting files on boxes seeing ppv[captiveworks] in the open i was there 1ce and it was like a candy store like must been 30-40 peeps long, this guy been doing this for yrs im surprised they dont bother him...

However back to the OPs question, I think that IF the Nagra-3 puts the pirates out of business (unlikely), as many have mentioned, we may initially have a bunch of cheaper receivers available on ebay. However the long term impact on the FTA community could be that the manufacturers would decide that there isn't enough market in North America to justify manufacturing receivers for us.
The bottom line is that we wouldn't really have a FTA hobby if it weren't for the pirate community, except for those of us wealthy enough or lucky enough to be able to find commercial receivers. So I always find the scorn expressed against the DN pirates to be a bit silly. We need them. Yes, there would be some receivers available due to DBV's popularity in Europe, but we'd have to deal with receivers that weren't designed to work with the sats, TV and OTA standards available in NA.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a short life of Nagra-3's effectiveness. Otherwise I don't see ANY manufacturer bothering to make new receivers with the features we're all looking for.
well my opion is if dish or derect even cable co. if they could shut even legel fta boxes down they would also i think dish has tried already in court but lost dont hold me to this but i think they did..

BTW, since Expressvu went N3 last fall, I"ve not noticed any increase of stb's on Ebay. Everyone of those boxes that was used prior to N3 are now dead in the water, where are they?
Simple answer, they all repointed their dishes from 91/82 to 119/110 and will use the same box to steal Dish Network until N3 is implemented fully there. Then you'll see them for sale, not before.

There is no hack for the Traxis receivers because the manufacture is in the True FTA market.

Think about it. To add the decryption code to the software of a fta box the code writer would need the source code. And only the manufacture has the source code.
and u dont think it could be leaked or somehow coded or figured out its only matter of time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)