Nascar 2009

I want to see a race at the Kentucky Speedway. There are no race track in this whole area. The closest one is 5 hours away. This would only be 3 hours tops.

Its in Bruton's hands...all he has to do is transfer a race from one of his other owned speedways to Kentucky

I want to see a race at the Kentucky Speedway. There are no race track in this whole area. The closest one is 5 hours away. This would only be 3 hours tops.

Ok, I'll play devils advocate here,

Why should Kentucky get a Cup race?

Just because they built the track? Oh and supposedly promised a date sometime in the future.

What about Iowa?

As far as the road races, I really liked Riverside when NASCAR ran there those were always good races. I really like Watkins Glen too.

I don't like Sonoma.

Ok, I'll play devils advocate here,

Why should Kentucky get a Cup race?

Just because they built the track? Oh and supposedly promised a date sometime in the future.

What about Iowa?

As far as the road races, I really liked Riverside when NASCAR ran there those were always good races. I really like Watkins Glen too.

I don't like Sonoma.

If I had to chose a Road course, it would be Watkins Glen ... I don't like Sonoma at all.
I really don't care for ANY road course.

Sonoma is OK except for that horrible hairpin turn. Way too many bumps and spins in that corner. The funny thing is they have an alternate to that and used it for an IRL race. I generally like the road courses, make the drivers do something they might not like as well and for sure are not accustomed to. The drivers have come a long way from the time that only Ricky Rudd or Rusty Wallace and a handful of others could get around the course decently.

That was a great finish. Two cars run out of gas on the last lap.

Mark Martin's been known as "the Kid" for many years.

Back when he lived in Greenfield, WI in the late 70's running the ASA series he really was a kid and beating the pants off of everybody!

Winning rookie of the year in 77 as an 18 year old. Series Championship in 78,79,80 & 86.

Mark Martin's been known as "the Kid" for many years.

Back when he lived in Greenfield, WI in the late 70's running the ASA series he really was a kid and beating the pants off of everybody!

Winning rookie of the year in 77 as an 18 year old. Series Championship in 78,79,80 & 86.

Yep. I forgot about those stats. They stopped calling him "the old man" on the radios, and now refer to him as "the kid".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts