Nascar 2019

I don't think the racing was any better than before this package. Good teams are still up front and bad teams in the back. No in car track bar adjustment I think made a big difference. Our power went out and we missed the last 80 laps, so I missed the best part of the race.

I had some stuff going on Sunday, but I managed to tune in about 5 laps prior to the beginning of the last round of green flag pit stops. I was shocked to see the race that far in, didn't realize that there were only the two cautions for the stage breaks at that point. Those last handful of laps had me on the edge of my seat. Watching my two favorite drivers go back and forth and pull slide jobs on each other was fun to watch. While I wanted Joey to win, just to have a win and lock himself into the playoffs this early in the season, I really didn't care who won, just as long as they didn't wreck each other and let Cryle get his weekend sweep.

Before the race started I was hoping for a 22,12, 2 finish with the two Pennzoil cars finishing 1-2, but I see Blaney had some problems in the pits or something.

Seems like Cryle and Truex complained they couldn't pass when the car in front of them ran "their lane". Too much turbulence .
My guy finished 4th again after leading the most laps. I'm afraid Cryle would probably have won if he hadn't sped on pit road.
Don't care for JGR or Toyota.
Yea, most races the final 10 laps are the most exciting .
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Jimbo
They are going to enforce speeding penalties' during qualifying because of last week, I thought that made qualifying a little more interesting all those mad dashes out of pit road.:oldfrown

They are going to enforce speeding penalties' during qualifying because of last week, I thought that made qualifying a little more interesting all those mad dashes out of pit road.:oldfrown
That won't amount to much, if you speed off pit road during qualifying, Unless they disqualify your run if you do ...

I hate the way they do qualifying anymore anyways .... so much that I don't bother watching it.

Reactions: Elsguy
That won't amount to much, if you speed off pit road during qualifying, Unless they disqualify your run if you do ...

That's what they are doing more or less. If you speed exiting pit row to start your lap, then they will not count the laps until you return to pit row and make a pass through at pit road speed. On the flipside, if you leave OK, complete your qualifying run, and then speed on pit road after completing the run, the laps from that run are disallowed.

That's what they are doing more or less. If you speed exiting pit row to start your lap, then they will not count the laps until you return to pit row and make a pass through at pit road speed. On the flipside, if you leave OK, complete your qualifying run, and then speed on pit road after completing the run, the laps from that run are disallowed.
Then they may as well just line them up at the end of pit row and start from a dead stop ....
Better yet, go back to the way it use to be.

Reactions: DWS44
What a joke qualifying was, makes a person wonder if the drivers did that on purpose.
The theory is the first one out is gonna be the last one to qualify, so No one wants to go out first, so thye all waited till the last few seconds to start thier laps and many waited too long and didn't complete it, thus disqualified ....

I read the comments from the drivers ... none of them like it and they all blame the way they decided to set up the qualifying rules ... as usual, blame NASCAR.

Until they go back to single car qualifying this is gonna continue ...

The theory is the first one out is gonna be the last one to qualify, so No one wants to go out first, so thye all waited till the last few seconds to start thier laps and many waited too long and didn't complete it, thus disqualified ....

I read the comments from the drivers ... none of them like it and they all blame the way they decided to set up the qualifying rules ... as usual, blame NASCAR.

I agree. A couple of the drivers said that the fans booed. Were they booing the drivers or NASCAR?
The overhead camera shot of the grandstands yesterday should tell the true story. I bet there weren't a 1/4 of the seats sold.

Yesterday's race wasn't much more than background noise in my house. Come back and watch restarts, then the rest was :blah. Finally turned it off with about 30 to go which is something I almost never do. Just got tired of the broadcasters continual love sonnets to the 18, and had no interest in the "200 wins" garbage. Talk about fake news. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for something to turn this season and this failure of an engine/aero package around, but this longtime fan is losing interest faster than I care to admit. I did like Clint's tweet on the subject yesterday:

Summed up life with tapered spacers pretty well.

Or,
Once you leave your pit stall,
No stopping on pit road.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Question for those that have deep Nascar roots.
Richard Petty.ended up with 200 wins, were they all in what was then the Top of Nascar competition ?
I'm thinking it was ... not sure there were that many other Nascar options back then.