Nascar 2019

Six races into the season and what is no one talking about? Penalties!

Aside from a handful of lug nut infractions each week the penalty report has been pretty nonchalant. I guess the clamping down on things has made a positive impact already.

Pretty big shake-ups in the 2020 Schedule announcement today!

Full story and schedule: 2020 NASCAR schedule unveiled, with plenty of changes | NASCAR.com

Highlights:

upload_2019-3-26_16-25-54.png

Not a big fan of moving the Firecracker 400 away from July 4th, especially in favor of the annual Brickyard snoozer. Love the finale moving away from Homestead, with the rumor being that the finale starts moving to a different track each year in 2021. Bristol Night Race as a cutoff race should be interesting, too!

I agree about moving Daytona. Nascar evidently doesn't care about tradition. I'm just glad the night race at Bristol the cut off race is early in the "playoffs". The 2 races we attend (Richmond) are at about the same date.

At least they didn't try to move the Opening week from Daytona.

They would not dare do that, That would be like moving Christmas day to January 25th. Not Happening :D

It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for NASCAR to do something like that, therefore I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they did it. We are talking about NASCAR here. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jimbo
It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever for NASCAR to do something like that, therefore I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they did it. We are talking about NASCAR here. :rolleyes:
I understand but that's there bread and butter week, There would be such a uproar that might be the final nail in coffin for Nascar. At least they would lose me, After a long Winter I look forward to speed weeks and if it went away I would be so pissed they would lose me.

The problem with Nascar it seems, is there are no adults in charge there.

My turn...my turn!
Some #4 Mobil 1 goodness on the pole for tomorrow night! :first

(If they can get the thing through inspection before the first of the week, that is. :confused:)

Reactions: Partysox
Well, it's lightened up quite a bit in the last half hour. Radar shows rain may be over ,so I'll enjoy watching Kevin leading them to the green.

Reactions: DWS44
Such a great day when your two favorite cars take each other out in the midst of someone else's screw up, ten whole laps into the race. :mad: