NASCAR on TNT HD Stinks up the Joing

There was much macroblocking on NBA, dunno about Nascar because I did not watch last week. In the past TNT and NBC have been bad about macroblocking on sports. Watched a Notre Dame football last year OTA on NBC that was embarrasing.

My PQ was OK for TNT, no macro blocking or pixilation at all but when they showed live interviews the audio sync was way off but then thats TNT. Overall I thought they did a decent job.

I'm not that big of a NASCAR fan but I do watch it occasionally when it is on if it is in HD (I will watch almost any sport in HD).

But TNT-HD? I have pretty much given up on that channel. Stretch-o-vision is about the lamest thing you can do and they have definitely lost me as a viewer until they quit doing this.

The PQ was excellent on the HDNet rebroadcast Thursday night. It's somewhere in the TNT-HD food chain that the picture goes to hell.

The PQ was excellent on the HDNet rebroadcast Thursday night. It's somewhere in the TNT-HD food chain that the picture goes to hell.

I can believe that...Don't they all (Fox, TNT, ABC/ESPN) use the same set of cameras/equipment that just goes from track to track? Seems like I heard/read that somewhere before.

I apologise to you guys. You were right. TNT's picture on NASCAR is TERRIBLE. They must be really squeezing the bit rate down. Every high motion scene has huge blocking problems. It even shows on the SD channel on my 301.

When they showed the from of the cut-away car, the picture was so bust it squirmed all over - TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE HD. I'm contacting NASCAR, and TNT's sponsors and letting TNT know it.

I apologise to you guys. You were right. TNT's picture on NASCAR is TERRIBLE. They must be really squeezing the bit rate down. Every high motion scene has huge blocking problems. It even shows on the SD channel on my 301.

When they showed the from of the cut-away car, the picture was so bust it squirmed all over - TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE HD. I'm contacting NASCAR, and TNT's sponsors and letting TNT know it.

Good luck getting a response, and it's got to be something on TNT's end as even the SD rebroadcast on Speed Thursday was much better than TNT's broadcast.

At least we only have 4 more races of this crap after today before it goes to ESPN. Too bad NASCAR won't let them use their side-by-side so you don't miss a single lap of the action.

That's why I'm also going to NASCAR and TNT's sponsors. I'm sure they don't want complaints.

I also told TNT and NASCAR I was not watching the race on TNT, but waiting for the replay Thursday on HDNET.

That was horrible! I didn't think last week was bad at all, but this week......almost unwatchable......and what's the deal with the weird colors showing up in the picture?? What a mess.

That was horrible! I didn't think last week was bad at all, but this week......almost unwatchable......and what's the deal with the weird colors showing up in the picture?? What a mess.

I saw the wierd colors too. Bad production, bad picture, bad camera angles. Just bad, bad, bad! Stretched SD would have looked better.

The picture quality sucked today. I remember it being better last week.

I agree, it was terrible today (just got done watching it). There was video smearing on all motion (um this is racing the cars are moving). =) I can't wait to get doen with TNT's run.

by far the worst hd pq i have ever seen. the movie right after it was ok so wtf was with the live broadcast?
is this what we will get the rest of TNT NASCAR?
If so i will record the SD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts