NASCAR on TNT HD Stinks up the Joing

Why in God's name would NASCAR give the broadcast rights to TNT to begin with? Down right CRAZY.

Tnt Hd Pq Terrible

Hey guys, just piling on TNT HD PQ was so bad my 9 year son said "is that HD"

TNT should be ashamed to even claim yesterday's race was broadcast in HD. I wish I would have turned to the SD channel to see how it looked. I wouldn't have been surprised to see it actually looked better. Even if it was stretched SD.

Did anyone check it out?

The picture quality sucked today. I remember it being better last week.
I agree - it was nowhere near as bad last week. This week was terrible.

However......I have every reason to expect the PQ will be super on the July 1st race - right Don?:D

I just don't get it. I really don't remember it being bad last year. And from reading a few other places this was not a TNTHD on E* problem. It was noted on both D* and multiple cable markets as well. How many more races do we have to watch this crap?

I have to agree it was terrible. I usually don't see much difference because of the size of my tv screen but yesterday it was just horrible.

I hate to just join in on all the bashing, but I have to agree with everyone. The HD was just horrible.

Of course, that was when the actual race was on. There were so many commercials that it was impossible to watch. What's with coming back and saying "Here's Edwards in the lead with Truex coming up right behind him. Only 20 more laps... and now back to commercial." ???

I can understand packing the middle part of the show with commercials, but when it comes down to the final 50 laps, I figured there would be fewer commercials. Nothing worse than coming back and the commentator telling us that the driver in second finally made a pass....

Late to get in on the complaint board here (been sick all weekend), but just wanted to say that bar none, that was by far the WORST HD PQ I have ever seen on any channel of any HD broadcast of anything. Heck...even my Dad called to ask me about the horrible PQ and sound on his 36" SD television because he thought something had gone wrong with his TV.

Thank god the PQ was cranked up for the 4000 Closer/Saving Grace commercials, though...wouldnt have wanted to waste any bandwidth on the race or anything! I swear, even if I thought those shows looked interesting (and I don't) I would never bother to watch them, just for the barrage during the races!

Of course, that was when the actual race was on. There were so many commercials that it was impossible to watch. What's with coming back and saying "Here's Edwards in the lead with Truex coming up right behind him. Only 20 more laps... and now back to commercial." ???

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this. On *E the sound was still out of sync on the movie after the race. I wonder if TNT is having some equipment problems. I don't remember it being this bad a few months ago.

I can understand packing the middle part of the show with commercials, but when it comes down to the final 50 laps, I figured there would be fewer commercials. Nothing worse than coming back and the commentator telling us that the driver in second finally made a pass....

FOX is very good at not running commercials at the end of the race.

I feel much better as I thought some thing was wrong my 622. I watched the race after I got home about 7. The macro-blocking/pixelation was so bad that I only watched about 20min. between fast forward and skipping also the lip sync was the worst I'v seen on TNT which is always bad. Motion blur or object trail was bad too. Oh well just a few more on TNT. Did anyone catch the F-1 race on Fox? now thats the way to do a race, in car cameras HD as well as great coverage.

For me the picture quality for the Pocono race was really good...but the presentation for the Michigan Race SUCKED just plain Sucked!!!!

nascar on tnt

I thought tnt was a little better than Fox, which has yet to show me the front of the pack when they go green...I get nothing out of watching cutaway cars, in car cameras, and one car at a time go around the track. Just back up the camera and show us the pack. I usually turn the sound down so i don't have to listen to their babble and put on Mrn or Prn radio. rufus

I thought tnt was a little better than Fox, which has yet to show me the front of the pack when they go green...I get nothing out of watching cutaway cars, in car cameras, and one car at a time go around the track. Just back up the camera and show us the pack. I usually turn the sound down so i don't have to listen to their babble and put on Mrn or Prn radio. rufus

Are you watching the same TNT-HD as the rest of us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts