NASCAR on TNT HD Stinks up the Joing

It's much improved from last week, but not great.
I'm seeing a great picture compared to the last two weeks, but I'm also seeing sections where TNT-HD appeared to be displaying 10 - 15 frames per second. But I would say the problems with TNT's HD encoder are close to being fixed.

I will comment that the picture was extremely better this week. They're still to many commericals on TNT but guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Agreed...not perfect, but much better this week!

I'll bet we hear more this week of Kyle's slip in language when they had his mic live following his spin at the beginning. Since this is all supposed to be on delay, I'm surprised they let it slip by. Was funny how it got totally silent right after! Not that that sort of thing bothers me...just that everyone get sooo uptight about language during the broadcasts these days.

Agreed...not perfect, but much better this week!

I'll bet we hear more this week of Kyle's slip in language when they had his mic live following his spin at the beginning. Since this is all supposed to be on delay, I'm surprised they let it slip by. Was funny how it got totally silent right after! Not that that sort of thing bothers me...just that everyone get sooo uptight about language during the broadcasts these days.
Shouldn't matter (other than NASCAR) since TNT is basic cable and not subject to the overly protective standard that OTA broadcasters need to adhere to.

I'm happy that Juan Pablo won having followed his career from Indy to CART to F1 and now to NASCAR. I thought I heard several "Boos" from the crowd during the celebration in the Winner's Circle. Same thing when Toyota won the NASCAR Truck Series in Michigan a couple of years ago. I wonder what the fallout from that will be?

I thought TNT's broadcast looked fine yesterday, although I admit that I didn't watch it as closely as I watch the races on the ovals...I personally hate the road courses and wish that NASCAR would drop them from the schedule. When you have names that enter and make the race that you have never heard of, and when owners replace certain drivers with others who are stronger road course racers, well that can't be good for the fans or the sport. Anyway, I though TNT HD looked very sharp.

I am anxious to see what this new TNT NASCAR "Wide Open" broadcast will look like when it debuts for the July 7th race at Daytona. They have hyped the fact that they will offer the races with minimal commercial interruption, but the word is that they will run continuous ads on a portion of the screen during the race. If this is taking up valuable HD widescreen space, I don't think many are going to like it. We'll see.

How many times is TNT going to come back from commercial only to go back into commercial in less than 30 seconds?

I thought the HD picture looked alot better this week, but TNT's race coverage still stinks up the place. Can't believe they didn't show the final finishing order...

I though I must have somehow missed the final finishing order. It matters to a lot of us who finished in what place. In my case we have a 65 person NASCAR pick um pool, and who finished last is very important along with every other place.

TNT thinks that the only important position is 1st place and then where ever Gordon, Stewart and Jr. finish.

The picture quality was pretty good at Sonoma.

The picture was better this week, but I still notice the voice sync up was still not right. Also noticed 3/4 of show was commercials. I also hated that the final running order was never showed.

I agree it looked better, but still not up to the same quality as Fox OTA

It was a lot better this last week. Seems like the announcers are finally getting the jitters out too.

Too bad (I guess) Robbie Gordon didn't win after dominating most of the race, but it seems like that's his lot. Good racer, just can't finish what he starts.

The PQ was pretty good Sunday. Both FOX and TNT have way too may commercials. I've found that pausing at the start of the race for about an hour works out well, I usually reach live just before the end of the race.

NightRyder

The PQ was pretty good Sunday. Both FOX and TNT have way too may commercials. I've found that pausing at the start of the race for about an hour works out well, I usually reach live just before the end of the race.

NightRyder

I agree. This is the only way to watch a race these days.

I though I must have somehow missed the final finishing order. It matters to a lot of us who finished in what place. In my case we have a 65 person NASCAR pick um pool, and who finished last is very important along with every other place.

TNT thinks that the only important position is 1st place and then where ever Gordon, Stewart and Jr. finish.

The picture quality was pretty good at Sonoma.

Wrong, I am a Stewart fan and they never told what position Stewart or Jr finished. They interviewed Montoya, Jeff Burton, Harvick, and J Gordon (after 10 minutes of commercials). Those are the only drivers that we knew where they finished. I was furious. Four hours of watching the race and it ended with no word on where the other 39 drivers finished. That is terrible.

I e-mailed my opinion to TNT, but have not had a response.

Wrong, I am a Stewart fan and they never told what position Stewart or Jr finished. They interviewed Montoya, Jeff Burton, Harvick, and J Gordon (after 10 minutes of commercials). Those are the only drivers that we knew where they finished. I was furious. Four hours of watching the race and it ended with no word on where the other 39 drivers finished. That is terrible.

I e-mailed my opinion to TNT, but have not had a response.
They're just going to say they showed them and everything was fine on their side. It must be a Dish issue!!:D

Did anyone watch the Pepsi 400 Saturday? TNT-HD finally got it right it looks like. I hope they keep it this way. I wish the other stations would follow suit with their commercials.

TNT-HD had only 3 or 4 90 seconds station breaks. The rest of the commercials were shown in a small screen at the bottom and kept showing the race. The PQ looked better than last time and I didn't notice any lipsync problem.

I thought it was an improvement also, but found the extended "commercials in a box" distracting while I was trying to watch the race. Better than those horrid Closer promos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)