Nascar race on Fox

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fredw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Port Huron, MI
Did any one else notice that last nights Nascar Cup race was repeatedly switching from the HD feed to the SD feed usually around the commercials and would take awhile to switch back?

I'm one of the lucky ones. Always watch NASCAR, have 622 & 722 all HDTV's -- our Dish locals are in SD. I get all the Networks in our area at 100% signal strength with OTA , FOX is only in SD here. I noticed that FOX is really good about breaking the commercials a little short sometimes to get back for the caution laps, and pit stops. When racing resumes Fox will continue on with their commercials.:rant:

Did any one else notice that last nights Nascar Cup race was repeatedly switching from the HD feed to the SD feed usually around the commercials and would take awhile to switch back?

Nope, that must have been your local affiliate. I just got done watching the race (DVR'd last night) and there were no switches to SD.

I have noticed that on many, if not all, the local channel ads even though the locals are in HD. Some of their ads are still produced in SD, apparently, and Dish is just doing a straight passthrough. (I also DVR'd the race, and thus skipped some of the local ads.)

Fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)