National HD Channel Roll-Out Plans

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The package prices came from the D* website. DIRECTV: DIRECTV - NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ You are using renewal prices. Those prices are usually not available to new subs.

No, actually it's a mix. As an existing sub who did not have MLB-EI, I added it in March for $160 (early-bird, not renewal) and added SF for $40. $200 total. NFL-ST can be added (not renewed) for $269 + $99 for SF. It usually takes no more than one phone call to get SF thrown-in for free -- in this case $220 must be a renewal price.

Nobody is forced to pay it. The D* sub can choose to pay or decline.... the E* sub can only try to pick irrational fights over it.

If you guys wanna argue over how much something costs? Start a good debate in the pit about why you can extract crude from the ground, ship it, refine it, then send it to gas stations for the same price as a gallon of milk :eek:

Scobuck, did you see my post about Norfolk?

If you guys wanna argue over how much something costs? Start a good debate in the pit about why you can extract crude from the ground, ship it, refine it, then send it to gas stations for the same price as a gallon of milk :eek:

Scobuck, did you see my post about Norfolk?

And here we are debating in the D* forums, while an E* subscriber who posts here only to provoke arguments, tells us what to write...... sure, you've got credibility.

And here we are debating in the D* forums, while an E* subscriber who posts here only to provoke arguments, tells us what to write...... sure, you've got credibility.

1) It was a joke

2) If you'd put your glasses on you'd see Ive asked a valid question(about Norfolk because I may HAVE to switch) and also criticized other Dish subs in this thread for coming here to start mess.

Ive done no such thing. Search every post ive made in this forum and find a malicious one.

1) It was a joke

2) If you'd put your glasses on you'd see Ive asked a valid question(about Norfolk because I may HAVE to switch) and also criticized other Dish subs in this thread for coming here to start mess.

Ive done no such thing. Search every post ive made in this forum and find a malicious one.

In that case you have my apology.

I dont see it that way JPN.

I've apologized to elwaylite. And you're entitled to your opinion.

However in general I question the credibility of folks who post primarily to push-buttons or provoke a fight. And that is exactly what most of it is: E* subs trying to pick a fight. The occasional asking of advice by E* subs in the D* forums is rare.

Where is the credibility in picking-fights? Is it that hard to accept that different providers, catering to different types of people, could both be decent providers?

Instead of saying that E* might do a better job of catering to the movie-lovers and D* to the sports-fans, we get a line of crap discrediting sports channels as valid HD. That isn't picking a fight? That isn't reason to question credibility?

Just so you have background on me.

I was originally a D* sub, got screwed pretty bad and switch out of spite. I like both E* and D* and think they are very good.

I swore off D*, but due to a move to Norfolk I may have to eat my words and go back to D* for the WAF.

So ill prob be asking more questions in the coming days until I fully decide.

Ive already priced a local Slimline and 6x8 just in case ;).

I've apologized to elwaylite. And you're entitled to your opinion.

However in general I question the credibility of folks who post primarily to push-buttons or provoke a fight. And that is exactly what most of it is: E* subs trying to pick a fight. The occasional asking of advice by E* subs in the D* forums is rare.

Where is the credibility in picking-fights? Is it that hard to accept that different providers, catering to different types of people, could both be decent providers?

Instead of saying that E* might do a better job of catering to the movie-lovers and D* to the sports-fans, we get a line of crap discrediting sports channels as valid HD. That isn't picking a fight? That isn't reason to question credibility?

We posted at the same time. I am not picking on you directly but the way your post comes off wrong. Like your second sentence to me. May not be your intention and all I was saying is I've been around Elwaylite and didnt agree that he is provoking anything. Thats all I am going to say on this and hope we can get back to topic.

Just think of how much it would be if cows exploded :rolleyes:

We posted at the same time. I am not picking on you directly but the way your post comes off wrong. Like your second sentence to me. May not be your intention and all I was saying is I've been around Elwaylite and didnt agree that he is provoking anything. Thats all I am going to say on this and hope we can get back to topic.

I would agree on Elwaylite. He is about the only reasonable E* poster here.

So according to the list that was posted D* is counting all their NFLST, MLBEI and RSNs as part of the 100 channels? haha hilarious, that already takes up half the list. If you take off the stuff E* already has and all those sports channels, here's what you have left:

Big Ten Network *
Bravo *
Cartoon Network *
Chiller
CNBC
CNN *
FX *
SCI FI Channel *
Speed *
Starz Comedy (Sept.)
Starz Edge (Sept.)
Starz Kids & Family (Sept.)
TBS *
The Movie Channel *
The Tennis Channel *
The Weather Channel (Sept.) *
USA Network *

So it should be more like 17 new HD channels eh? Not to mention only like 5 of those channels are actually interesting. Then again by the time they actually have HD content to broadcast, I'm sure E* will pick them up.

Brilliant post Dopey. Did you not read what the staff just posted. Damn, things must be slow in the E* forum. So thats 17 more, plus all those MLB games, plus all those NFL games, Rsn, etc.... and this is a bad thing?

Ah, another Doppy E* customer that feels the need to say how great there service is. I think you forgot to include all the HBO/Cinemax channels that D* will have.

So according to the list that was posted D* is counting all their NFLST, MLBEI and RSNs as part of the 100 channels? haha hilarious, that already takes up half the list. If you take off the stuff E* already has and all those sports channels, here's what you have left:

Big Ten Network *
Bravo *
Cartoon Network *
Chiller
CNBC
CNN *
FX *
SCI FI Channel *
Speed *
Starz Comedy (Sept.)
Starz Edge (Sept.)
Starz Kids & Family (Sept.)
TBS *
The Movie Channel *
The Tennis Channel *
The Weather Channel (Sept.) *
USA Network *

So it should be more like 17 new HD channels eh? Not to mention only like 5 of those channels are actually interesting. Then again by the time they actually have HD content to broadcast, I'm sure E* will pick them up.
Oh Boy !! Your in for it now! Good luck to you. Tough crowd over here.

Brilliant post Dopey. Did you not read what the staff just posted. Damn, things must be slow in the E* forum. So thats 17 more, plus all those MLB games, plus all those NFL games, Rsn, etc.... and this is a bad thing?
I have been looking for an updated list. Could you post a shortcut for me. Please

Oh and Dopey, only 5 interesting, that's funny coming from a guy that wants to watch Sopranos re-runs.

I have seen it Hemi, but not for a couple of days, not sure where one is, I assume that Scobuck will eventually get us a good one.

Last edited:
Oh and Dopey, only 3 interesting, that's funny coming from a guy that wants to watch Sopranos re-runs.

I have seen it Hemi, but not for a couple of days, not sure where one is, I assume that Scobuck will eventually get us a good one.
Thats ok I just mainly want to see what channels are in what package,unless D* gives you all the HD channels with the Plus HD pack. Just trying to get ready is all.I had a huge fight with E* so ,I'm trying give them the least amount of business as possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)