National HD Channel Roll-Out Plans

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What they've said is if you have the HD access charge on your account, you'll get the HD version of a channel if that channels SD version is in your package. So you should be able to look at the current packages and see what you'd get.

What they've said is if you have the HD access charge on your account, you'll get the HD version of a channel if that channels SD version is in your package. So you should be able to look at the current packages and see what you'd get.
OK that makes sence.I should be good to go then.Directv is comming to put up my new slimline on the Sept.1 The old one got crushed by my oak tree.But I bought one off ebay too,and thinking of putting it up on my house in Booneville NY.Any Idea if there are HD locals up there? Zip 13309

Shoot rad, will you stop trying to inject common sense into our discussions.

OK that makes sence.I should be good to go then.Directv is comming to put up my new slimline on the Sept.1 The old one got crushed by my oak tree.But I bought one off ebay too,and thinking of putting it up on my house in Booneville NY.Any Idea if there are HD locals up there? Zip 13309

Check DIRECTV - Local Channels . I plugged in your zip but it asks what county, which I don't know.

So according to the list that was posted D* is counting all their NFLST, MLBEI and RSNs as part of the 100 channels? haha hilarious, that already takes up half the list. If you take off the stuff E* already has and all those sports channels, here's what you have left:

Big Ten Network *
Bravo *
Cartoon Network *
Chiller
CNBC
CNN *
FX *
SCI FI Channel *
Speed *
Starz Comedy (Sept.)
Starz Edge (Sept.)
Starz Kids & Family (Sept.)
TBS *
The Movie Channel *
The Tennis Channel *
The Weather Channel (Sept.) *
USA Network *

So it should be more like 17 new HD channels eh? Not to mention only like 5 of those channels are actually interesting. Then again by the time they actually have HD content to broadcast, I'm sure E* will pick them up.

So now the argument is they only have 17 more and they wont be HD all the time therefore they dont matter? Then, you deem only 5 are interesting so it really doesnt matter?

Dont forget about locals in hd which D* is slightly spanking E* on, those are one of the more important set of channels to me.

So now the argument is they only have 17 more and they wont be HD all the time therefore they dont matter? Then, you deem only 5 are interesting so it really doesnt matter?

Dont forget about locals in hd which D* is slightly spanking E* on, those are one of the more important set of channels to me.

Elway - you are of course welcome to post any comments you want, but as an E* sub, most posters here will swoop down on you before reading the the content of your posts. I have "been away" from this thread for 24 hours and it has doubled in size, and most of that has been crap thrown back and forth by E* and D* subs. As my "neighbor", I would not do that to you...wouldn't want to taint the water over at the AVS forum. :) Just a friendly reminder to watch your step... :D There are some silly snipers over here...

But this nonsense about what channel has value, and which doesn't is pointless. For me, the channels listed in the previous post do hold value. If you don't like them or won't care to watch them, then so be it. But for some of us, we might be interested. I am not knocking your choice of DBS or channel preference, please don't knock mine. If you want to complain about channel line-ups, talk to your provider and see if you can convince them to add something that you like. Chances are there are many people out there who would agree that your carrier should provide Food Network in HD (fro example). That channel holds no value to me, so even when D* launches it, I probably won't check it out. But many people would. If they didn't, the channel would go belly up from lack of advertising support.

So be happy with what you have, or send your complaints to your own CSR's. If you want to change to D*, then welcome aboard. If not, then have a nice day. I would prefer to read this forum (The DirecTV Forum) in peace and not have to deal with the bickering going on. Enjoy your HD superiority for the remaining days, and let us wallow in self-pity or excitement or contemplation or whatever. Just remember that because D* is introducing these new HD offerings, your carrier of choice will probably soon follow suit...which is good. So can't we all just get past this pointless bickering and enjoy what you have already (E*) and what we will soon have (D*).

Yours Truly - Voice of Reason :D

So according to the list that was posted D* is counting all their NFLST, MLBEI and RSNs as part of the 100 channels? haha hilarious, that already takes up half the list. If you take off the stuff E* already has and all those sports channels, here's what you have left:

Big Ten Network *
Bravo *
Cartoon Network *
Chiller
CNBC
CNN *
FX *
SCI FI Channel *
Speed *
Starz Comedy (Sept.)
Starz Edge (Sept.)
Starz Kids & Family (Sept.)
TBS *
The Movie Channel *
The Tennis Channel *
The Weather Channel (Sept.) *
USA Network *

So it should be more like 17 new HD channels eh? Not to mention only like 5 of those channels are actually interesting. Then again by the time they actually have HD content to broadcast, I'm sure E* will pick them up.

Did you expect all these new HD channels to be ones that were not anywhere yet. I don't know if there are that many channels thatNO ONE has , to be had.
You expected them to be ALL channels that D* doesn't carry, why is that, there are channels that they both carry, but the must not count to you....

Jimbo

Elway - you are of course welcome to post any comments you want, but as an E* sub, most posters here will swoop down on you before reading the the content of your posts. I have "been away" from this thread for 24 hours and it has doubled in size, and most of that has been crap thrown back and forth by E* and D* subs. As my "neighbor", I would not do that to you...wouldn't want to taint the water over at the AVS forum. :) Just a friendly reminder to watch your step... :D There are some silly snipers over here...

But this nonsense about what channel has value, and which doesn't is pointless. For me, the channels listed in the previous post do hold value. If you don't like them or won't care to watch them, then so be it. But for some of us, we might be interested. I am not knocking your choice of DBS or channel preference, please don't knock mine. If you want to complain about channel line-ups, talk to your provider and see if you can convince them to add something that you like. Chances are there are many people out there who would agree that your carrier should provide Food Network in HD (fro example). That channel holds no value to me, so even when D* launches it, I probably won't check it out. But many people would. If they didn't, the channel would go belly up from lack of advertising support.

So be happy with what you have, or send your complaints to your own CSR's. If you want to change to D*, then welcome aboard. If not, then have a nice day. I would prefer to read this forum (The DirecTV Forum) in peace and not have to deal with the bickering going on. Enjoy your HD superiority for the remaining days, and let us wallow in self-pity or excitement or contemplation or whatever. Just remember that because D* is introducing these new HD offerings, your carrier of choice will probably soon follow suit...which is good. So can't we all just get past this pointless bickering and enjoy what you have already (E*) and what we will soon have (D*).

Yours Truly - Voice of Reason :D

I think my post may have missed you. I was actually an E* sub defending D* against doppy who I think is full of it.

I find it funny he discredits the "17" D* will have over E* and then states he only cares about 5, like it matters to me or anyone else who enjoys different channels for their value.

I am an E* sub, but Im not afraid to call BS when its there.

No, I fully caught your post. Was just trying to say that with all the sniping going on around here in the final hours of E*'s HD Supremacy, you may want to keep your head down. As a D* sub (right now), I am always glad to hear an E* sub call BS when it is present...such as you did and have done in the past.

I have had all the carriers and am currently happy with D*, otherwise I would change. Everyone should live under that creed and then we would only have truly helpful and legitimate info on these posts, and not the pedantic chatter that seems to permeate the forum.

No, I fully caught your post. Was just trying to say that with all the sniping going on around here in the final hours of E*'s HD Supremacy, you may want to keep your head down. As a D* sub (right now), I am always glad to hear an E* sub call BS when it is present...such as you did and have done in the past.

I have had all the carriers and am currently happy with D*, otherwise I would change. Everyone should live under that creed and then we would only have truly helpful and legitimate info on these posts, and not the pedantic chatter that seems to permeate the forum.

Ah, I get your drift.

I agree. Its funny the bickering thats going on now, you'd think this was a ford/chevy forum sometimes.

Ive noticed everyone is testy. Being Im a E* sub thats most likely going to have to switch(very happy with E*), Im trying to read up. Guys see my sig and think Im trolling :).

We should get back on topic and wait for Scobuck to give us some good news about D*'s HD. Its good news for EVERYONE because as D* adds their stuff, it puts pressure on ALL other providers.

LOL! Other funny NE regionalisms I have heard:

"milk her for what she gives"

"cut a pig in the ass"

:eek:

These can get you fired from work around here I bet!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)