NBA 2008-09 Season

Welcome back Manu:

ginobili-dunk-hornets.jpg

We (Spurs fans) missed you :D

I am 1000% sure EVERYONE involved with a team fighting for the playoffs would LOVE to have homecourt. But they ALSO know HISTORY has SHOWN, that you DO NOT NEED TO BE THE #1 Seed to win the NBA playoffs. THAT HAS been my point all along. I am NOT anti-home court, that is just knee jerk reaction to a woman who people her think her opinion is the end all be all. I LOVE when my team has the homecourt advantage, I also know my team IF my team is not playing well, homecourt won't mean jackshit! AND by the same token, if my team is playing HOT going into the playoffs....they have a good chance they can make the Finals...hmmm.....the Miami Heat winning the Championship comes to mind. The Florida Marlins ALSO comes to mind.

Sandra has a great stat...but guys KEEP FORGETTING that the #1 seed in either the west or the east as only one the NBA championship 5 or 6 times since the Bulls won it in 97-97.

So your take is basically "in sports anything is possible"?

Excuse my french, but no sh*t !!

If this is the commonly accepted, why even play the regular season? :confused:

Welcome back Manu:

ginobili-dunk-hornets.jpg

We (Spurs fans) missed you :D

Yup, Ginobili is a great player.

The scary thing is, the Spurs were playing good ball without him being at 100%.

BTW,

I can't recall a better NBA doubleheader than the one coming up this Sunday (especially with football over).

Sunday, 2-8-09 on ABC:

1:00pm ET- Spurs at Celtics: the last two champions............Duncan vs. KG matchup of two of the best power forwards EVER...........possible Finals matchup

3:30pm ET- Lakers at Cavaliers: Kobe vs. LeBron, nuff said..............Cavs still undefeated at home..............possible Finals matchup

I'm not one to watch Sunday afternoon basketball, but I will make an exception from 1-6 next Sunday! :up

Yup, Ginobili is a great player.

The scary thing is, the Spurs were playing good ball without him.

BTW,

I can't recall a better NBA doubleheader than the one coming up this Sunday (especially with football over).

Sunday, 2-8-09 on ABC:

1:00pm ET- Spurs at Celtics: the last two champions............Duncan vs. KG matchup of two of the best power forwards EVER...........possible Finals matchup

3:30pm ET- Lakers at Cavaliers: Kobe vs. LeBron, nuff said..............Cavs still undefeated at home..............possible Finals matchup

I'm not one to watch Sunday afternoon basketball, but I will make an exception from 1-6 next Sunday! :up

Well these matchups will definitely make this upcoming non-football Sunday more bearable.

I'm not going to declare the season over, BUT after the way the Pistons played this last month, I don't see a long playoff ride this spring. Definitely not contenders any more. It's been a great ride the last 7 seasons, but it it's over until Dumars rebuilds the front court. Wallace and McDyess are too old for us to be serious contenders any more, and I think Curry has made a big mistake bringing Hamilton off the bench instead of AI. He has no future here, so I don't understand why Curry continues to start him. His talents would be better suited to this team if he got his minutes when Stuckey is getting a "blow". The bad thing is that Dumars has set us up to be players in the Free Agency market, but that market is better after next season, than this season. so may be looking at a 5-8 seed in the playoffs next season. (As well as maybe this season).

I just can't figure out what's up with 'Sheed. My guess is that his age is catching up with him. This is a "contract" year, and he is playing with a huge amount of indifference. He just seems to disappear for long stretches of play, and seems to have no interest in playing near the basket on the offensive end. As I mentioned in another post, the Pistons go as he goes, and he ain't going. (At least until the end of the season.)

I'm not going to declare the season over, BUT after the way the Pistons played this last month, I don't see a long playoff ride this spring. Definitely not contenders any more. It's been a great ride the last 7 seasons, but it it's over until Dumars rebuilds the front court. Wallace and McDyess are too old for us to be serious contenders any more, and I think Curry has made a big mistake bringing Hamilton off the bench instead of AI. He has no future here, so I don't understand why Curry continues to start him. His talents would be better suited to this team if he got his minutes when Stuckey is getting a "blow". The bad thing is that Dumars has set us up to be players in the Free Agency market, but that market is better after next season, than this season. so may be looking at a 5-8 seed in the playoffs next season. (As well as maybe this season).

I just can't figure out what's up with 'Sheed. My guess is that his age is catching up with him. This is a "contract" year, and he is playing with a huge amount of indifference. He just seems to disappear for long stretches of play, and seems to have no interest in playing near the basket on the offensive end. As I mentioned in another post, the Pistons go as he goes, and he ain't going. (At least until the end of the season.)

One positive for the Pistons, is it's very likely that they will stay competitve for the forseeable future.

The roster is loaded with good young players: Rodney Stuckey, Jason Maxiell, Amir Johnson, Arron Affalo, etc. Plus, Prince and Hamilton aren't that long in the tooth either.

You add another big man and they're right back there with Boston and Cleveland.

Here's some interesting news.......

According to [ame="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3877144"]Moved Temporarily[/ame], Chris Bosh has informed the Toronto Raptors’ GM Bryan Colangelo that he will not be re-signing with the Raptors when he becomes a free agent in 2010.

If this is the case, why wouldn't the Raptors trade him now. They're out of the playoff hunt and they might as well get something in return.

You know any team in the playoff hunt has to be frothing at the mouth of possibly acquiring Bosh this year.

Stay tuned.....

On Bosh continued...

Not only will the team who (hypothetically) acquires Bosh be getting a franchise player, they will also be getting his Bird rights and will be able to exceed the salary cap to re-sign him in 2010. Safe to say, this potential trade is huge for the balance of power in the NBA, not just for the next year and a half, but for the future as well. You have to assume that whoever gets his services will be the odds on favorite to sign him in 2010. Beyond that, whichever team gets Bosh and his Bird Rights may be in the best position to sign LeBron James as well in 2010 should LeBron decide to leave Cleveland. Any trade of Bosh is going to have massive implications for the entire league.

Good games tonight...

7:00 Dallas - Orlando

Mavs back in playoff position, will be a big test tonight against Superman and the Magic. Celtics starting to pull away, Magic need wins.

7:30 LA Lakers - New York

Well, well, look what we have here. The Knicks are good again. Not great, not even always good. But a playoff contender for sure. Thanks for leaving, Isiah. Great test tonight.

8:00 Portland - New Orleans

Looming as a first round matchup, these two teams are vying for home court advantage in this one right now. Great game, Hornets need to get healthy though.

10:30 San Antonio - Golden State

Haven't seen a Warrior game in a while, I'll check this one out. Too bad, they were a fun team to watch the last couple of years.

Sandra

One positive for the Pistons, is it's very likely that they will stay competitve for the forseeable future.

The roster is loaded with good young players: Rodney Stuckey, Jason Maxiell, Amir Johnson, Arron Affalo, etc. Plus, Prince and Hamilton aren't that long in the tooth either.

You add another big man and they're right back there with Boston and Cleveland.

Here's some interesting news.......

According to ESPN’s Stephen A Smith, Chris Bosh has informed the Toronto Raptors’ GM Bryan Colangelo that he will not be re-signing with the Raptors when he becomes a free agent in 2010.

If this is the case, why wouldn't the Raptors trade him now. They're out of the playoff hunt and they might as well get something in return.

You know any team in the playoff hunt has to be frothing at the mouth of possibly acquiring Bosh this year.

Stay tuned.....

This rumor has been floating around Motown for a couple of weeks. Bosh would solve alot of problems. My view is who are we going to trade for him? I'd hate to see Dumars trading away any of the core players that Celt named. If we had Bosh right now, we would be contenders now. So I guess the trick is to acquire him without gutting the core. Free agency is the answer, but that doesn't help is next season. My trust is still in Dumars. I think he has cards he's not showing yet.
with somewhere about $37M available after AI and Rasheed are gone, there are a lot of possibilities.

This rumor has been floating around Motown for a couple of weeks. Bosh would solve alot of problems. My view is who are we going to trade for him? I'd hate to see Dumars trading away any of the core players that Celt named. If we had Bosh right now, we would be contenders now. So I guess the trick is to acquire him without gutting the core. Free agency is the answer, but that doesn't help is next season. My trust is still in Dumars. I think he has cards he's not showing yet.
with somewhere about $37M available after AI and Rasheed are gone, there are a lot of possibilities.

Ugh!!! As a fierce rival of the Celtics, I wouldn't like it if the Pistons got Bosh to go along with the rest of their young guns! :eek:

I'd imagine the Raptors will want a lot in return. I doubt they make a trade to just acquire expiring contracts. They will want some substantial young building blocks. With that said, I can't see any of the teams that are currently a threat to contend for a Championship to pursue him. (Too much of a risk to break-up the core). I do see teams on the fringe pursuing him though. Possibly the Heat, Knicks, Pistons, Mavs, etc.

10:30 San Antonio - Golden State

Haven't seen a Warrior game in a while, I'll check this one out. Too bad, they were a fun team to watch the last couple of years.

Which of the following is more likely to happen in the future:

HD MM is pictured wearing a "I love all things Pittsburgh" shirt, Sandra puts up a picture of herself, and Wozniak saying he misses Matt Millen.

Either way, those three things are more likely to happen than the Warriors learning how to play defense.:D:D:D:D:D

For those of you looking to turn the page on this season already, here's a link to the very first 2009 NBA Mock Draft. Of course this is complete speculation and the order was determined by ESPN's Lottery generator.

A few highlights:

Clippers select Blake Griffen (poor, poor Blake) with the #1 overall.

Knicks select Stephen Curry

Lakers select Tyler Hansbrough

Cavs select Tyler Smith

Without futher adu.........

http://3shadesofblue.com/20090130278/memphis-grizzlies/january-2009/2009-nba-mock-draft-v10.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)