NBA 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtics starting lineup tonight:

SF- Paul Pierce
C- Kevin Garnett
PG- Rajon Rondo
SG- Courtney Lee

Rivers didn't reveal who will start at PF; it could be Bass, Green or Sullinger. I have a feeling it will be the rookie getting the nod.

Bold predictions:

Boston, Miami, and Indiana will be the only teams in the East to win 54+ games (not because the other playoff teams aren't good- they'have 48-52 wins)

Denver will challenge for the top spot in the West. This team is poised to break through. Don't be shocked if they make it to the West Finals. They're a decent longshot for the NBA Finals.

The Knicks will miss the playoffs; the Nets will make the playoffs

My predictions for seeding:

Eastern Conference

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. 76ers
6. Bulls
7. Knicks
8. Wizards

Western Conference

1. Clippers
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Nuggets
6. Grizzlies
7. Warriors
8. Timberwolves

My seeding guesses:

East
1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Pacers
4. 76ers
5. Nets
6. Bulls
7. Wizards
8. Pistons

West
1. Nuggets
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Lakers
5. Clippers
6. Grizzlies
7. Timberwolves
8. Kings

The Celtics are starting Brandon Bass at the 4 tonight. Doc said he'll mix and match Bass, Green and Sullinger all year as the starting PF. IMO, Sully is a darkhorse for ROY. He had some injury issues the last couple of years at tOSU, otherwise he would have been a lottery pick.

Andy Varejao has 21 rebounds tonight, and there's still 10 minutes left in the Wizards-Cavs game.

Talking about the Cavs just ain't the same without HD MM.

BTW, the Cavs are going to be a 'Contend for playoff spot in first half, but fade into 10th/11th in the second half of the season' team.

First half/first game observations:

1. Celtics are much more athletic this year
2. Courtney Lee is gonna be a star here
3. Jeff Green looked like he was playing scared
4. Celtics defense needs to step it up

Barbosa and Courtney Lee looked solid tonight.

Jason Terry- eh, not so much.

And Jeff Green even more, not so much!!

I found it interesting that all the backup centers (Milicic, Wilcox, Melo and Collins) were DNP-CD tonight. Would have liked to have seen a little more size at times in this game. Oh well, I think the main issue for Doc and the Celtics going forward is trying to figure out a rotation that benefits the team over the long haul.

Celtics are gonna score...a lot. The are younger and faster. Only time will tell if they will as good defensively.

The Heat...well, if they can stay healthy and the get the productive contributions they got today...they could with 65+ games.

Hart5150 said:
Says a fan of Dwayne Wade, give me a break. Next time either Terry or KG intentionally injure someone let me know.

Let it go dude. Let it go.... KG has given plenty of "unintentional elbows" in his career.

salsadancer7 said:
Let it go dude. Let it go.... KG has given plenty of "unintentional elbows" in his career.

Right away you have to go after any player that doesn't kiss the feet of the Heat. So maybe you should let that go.

So every time that happens I'm going to bring up how big of a douche Wade is.

I did NOT expect Ray Allen to play this well tonight.

Imagine what he'll do against teams that aren't as good defensively as Boston.

Geez its gonna be a long season with these Lakers :rolleyes:

Lets see how the Clips do tomorr.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)