NBA 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Knicks?

I think NYK will be much improved, but I like the Nets and 76ers a little more. The Nets have a crazy talented backcourt with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, while the 76ers have added a big weapon in the middle with Andrew Bynum (although staying healthy is always a concern with him).

Meanwhile, the Celtics are SCARY deep. When Avery Bradley returns from his shoulder rehab, the C's can go 5 deep in the backcourt (Rondo, Terry, Lee, Barbosa and AB). In the frontcourt, the C's can go 2 deep (in some cases 3) at all three positions. IMO, the only team that comes close 1-14 is the Clippers.

Being scared of depth is like being scared of widths, because only five players can play at the same time. In order for the Celtics to advance, "our" big 2 offensive players have to match or outplay "their" two big offensive players, and that will not be easy for a couple of old guys who have as much milage on them as Pierce and Garnett have.

Umm yeah, but "our" team came within one quarter of the Finals last season. The Heat are obviously the favorites, but I love what Ainge did in the offseason. I am very optimistic for the 2012-13 season.......nothing more, nothing less.

Clippers and Nuggets- keep an eye on these teams out West. They're the best of the rest after OKC/LA Lakers/San Antonio, IMO.

Looks like Kobe won't start the season.

I think this will be the Lakers' year to win the West, but they will age quickly. The next year, with a good draft, OKC will come roaring back.

Short term thinking...this is a terrible trade for the simple fact of chemistry. Long term, it works out good due to draft picks and the financial flexibility it gives the team.

Tuesday's Nationally Televised Schedule:

7:00pm ET- Miami Heat ring ceremony (TNT)
8:00pm ET- Celtics at Heat (TNT)
10:30pm ET- Mavericks at Lakers (TNT)

Looking forward to Tonight's ring ceremony! ALSO looking forward to seeing how the team looks. Preseason is never really a good indicator of how a team looks.

I'm looking forward to see what rotations Doc uses with his new depth. Big first test against the defending champs on the road.

So with Ray Allen gone, who's Boston gonna rely on for Three-Pointers?

I'd say any two or three of the guys who happen to be on the floor at the time. Ray Allen had lost his ability to get open for a three at the end of the game, when the defense was committed to taking him away as the option. Ray Allen is a career 40% shooter on 3s, Leandro Barbosa 39%., Courtney Lee, 38.6%, Jason Terry, 38%, Paul Pierce 37%.

Last edited:
So with Ray Allen gone, who's Boston gonna rely on for Three-Pointers?

The Celtics have plenty of three point options- probably more than most teams.

Jason Terry, Leandro Barbosa, Courtney Lee and Paul Pierce may not have the reputation that Allen has for making the trifecta, but it certainly gives the Celtics many options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)