NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Gotta love my fan club .. ? The Crying gang ? LMAO

Don't flatter yourself. I wasn't talking about the Frontrunning Angels fan...

Perhaps you missed this one...

YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!

THEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra

Allen Iverson "quits" Griz?!

LOS ANGELES -- Disgruntled Memphis guard Allen Iverson returned to his home in Atlanta after receiving permission to leave the team to attend to "personal business".
I wonder if this has anything to do with AI having to check his ego and come off the bench instead of being handed the starting job??

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4633226"]Allen Iverson leaves Grizzlies for personal reasons - ESPN[/ame]

Premature celebration by Chicago was funny.. reminds me of other NBA teams that think or thought they were gonna win, specially a championship LMAO

So If Clevland wins tonight will we hear "See they are the best team, the magic suck" or if they lose will we hear "Well its only a regular season game means nothing"

So If Clevland wins tonight will we hear "See they are the best team, the magic suck" or if they lose will we hear "Well its only a regular season game means nothing"
Are you asking if we'll hear quotes like this??

Looks like the cavs are out. Itll be Celtics vs Magic in the east. I think the Magic can matchup well against the Celtics and take the east again. The cavs will just be yet another ohio team that underperforms to the hype.

Wow another loss for the cavs. Another win for boston. That boston team is for real... cavs not so much.

Well I can only judge on what hes done. So far he and the Magic are 1-0 and the Cavs are what 0-2.

So yes hes done great so far. The Cavs have sucked so far.

Magic are now 3-0 after beating the team that beat the cavs. (Who are 1-2 btw)

You won't hear them from me. I understand that the season lasts 82 games.

When have I ever said the "Magic Suck"???

And I agree with Sky, if we learned anything last year, it's that it's a long season and the REAL season starts in April and certainly not November.

Wilbon: Allen Iverson and Cavs, perfect fit

Chalk this up as one of the most idiotic opinions ever.......

He needs to be on a team with players he respects enough so that he can be relatively happy to come off the bench because the rewards are so great. Iverson, frankly, needs a team that needs him, and there aren’t so many of them. He needs a team where his ability to create his own shot will help a superstar, where he can also work the end of the game as a closer, a team where his reckless abandon and pedal-to-the-metal aggression in smaller doses will be an asset, not a liability.

I’m talking about the Cleveland Cavaliers

Note to Wilbon and A.I........... you WILL NOT be a "good fit" in Clevleand and besides, we don't want you!

washingtonpost.com

Chalk this up as one of the most idiotic opinions ever.......

Note to Wilbon and A.I........... you WILL NOT be a "good fit" in Clevleand and besides, we don't want you!

washingtonpost.com

In a vacuum....or in a video game perhaps...Iverson is a good fit for a team like Cleveland. They can use a jolt of scoring off the bench, but in very small doses. A Vince Carter and others can provide that as well.

But in the real world every team needs to stay away from Iverson. He was complaining in Memphis after ONE GAME!!!

What a jerk. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Wednesday's Nationally Televised Games
Cleveland at Orlando- 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT (ESPN/ESPN-HD)
New Orleans at Phoenix- 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT (ESPN/ESPN-HD)

ABC to be shut out of NBA Conference Finals

Sports Media Watch: ABC to be shut out of NBA Conference Finals

The 2010 NBA Conference Finals could be a cable exclusive affair.

Sports Business Journal reports that ESPN is slated to air the entire 2010 Eastern Conference Finals. In previous years, ESPN sister network ABC has aired at least one game of the Conference Finals.

This would be the first time since 2004 that not a single game of the NBA Conference Finals has aired on broadcast television.

If none of the NBA's second round series goes to a 7th game, ABC could still conceivably air Game 1 of the Conference Finals on a Sunday afternoon -- as was done in '07 (Jazz/Spurs Game 1), '05 (Spurs/Suns Game 1) and '03 (Nets/Pistons Game 1).

The move comes months after the NBA's three television partners drew superb ratings during the Conference Finals. The Lakers/Nuggets and Magic/Cavaliers series averaged 8.6 million viewers, and included the 4 most-viewed NBA games ever on cable. Overall, ratings for the Conference Finals were the highest since '02, when NBC carried the bulk of the games.

The strong numbers came despite only one of the games airing on ABC -- and that game was only the 7th-most viewed of the round.

The ratings success, achieved largely without the aid of a broadcast television showcase, has evidently emboldened ESPN.

ESPN EVP of content John Skipper told Sports Business Journal that the "continuity" of having all the games on one network is "more important than the [household] differential" between ESPN (99 million homes) and ABC (114 million). Skipper: "We are going to clearly position that for sports, there is no significant differentiation between broadcast and cable."

The numbers appear to back him up. Excluding the NBA Finals, ABC averaged 5.3 million viewers for the playoffs as a whole, not much higher than ESPN's 4.9 million and TNT's 4.7 million.

ABC's lead looks even less impressive when one considers that the network only aired 10 playoff games prior to the Finals -- and those 10 games were generally the highest-profile games of the day. Meanwhile, ESPN and TNT aired nearly all of the other playoff games -- including series without much mainstream appeal like Magic/76ers or Rockets/Blazers.

Overall, ABC appears to be less and less of a priority for ESPN. The entire Bowl Championship Series will air on ESPN starting in 2011 -- including the Rose Bowl, which had previously been an ABC staple. The signs were evident early in the college football season as well, when ESPN saved one of the biggest Saturday night games of the season for itself (USC/Ohio State) rather than air it on ABC's Saturday Night Football.

And there's the fact that ABC will air only 15 regular season NBA games this year, the bare minimum, and the fewest since 2002-03.

With this in mind, how long before the NBA Finals becomes a cable exclusive affair as well?

Iverson would have been a good fit with the 1985-1986 Detroit Pistons, when Vinnie and AD collided and knocked each other out in game seven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)