NBA Basketball 2009-10 Season

Cavs 102
Magic 93

YES!!!!!!!!! :D :cool:

Dare I say, Statement Game?! Yeah, yeah, I know. It's early in the season, but there is still a few observations to be made on the game....

1. We match up much better with the Magic this year. Case and point, Dwight Howard no longer needs to be double teamed. There was a stat last night showing that when Shaq was on the court, Howard only had 1 point!

2. By not having to double team Howard, this means there won't be an open man for him to kick it out for a wide open three. This was exactly how the Magic beat the Cavs last year. The moves the Cavs made in the offseason were made to counter this matchup issue.

3. Thank you Magic for trading away Hedu Turkaglu, Courtney Lee and Rafer Alston. Turkaglu was a b* to guard and caused a lot of problems for us. I'm ecstatic he's in Toronto now.

4. Good to see Mo Williams expel the demons last night (28pts and was 9 for 9 at one point). In the ECF, Mo went cold from outside. I kept saying that the Magic were shooting lights out (better than what they averaged all season), while the Cavs went cold (shot less than what they averaged all season). If Mo can be the same Mo-Willey in the postseason as he showed last night, this team will be tough to beat this time around.

5. Good to see the 21 year old N.C. State product, J.J. Hickson getting some valuable playing time early on in the season. He's only in his 2nd year as a pro, but if he can elevate his game and build on the experience he's getting now, he could be another key cog down the stretch.

6. In all fairness, the Magic were without Rashard Lewis, but the Cavs were also without one of their key guys in Delonte West. Delonte missed the team flight and was penalized by the team before the game. Lewis has one more game to go on his 10 game suspension (performance enhancing drugs).

7. At one point in the game, there were 4 centers on the court at the same time! (Shaquille O'Neal, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Dwight Howard and Marcin Gortat). That's a lot of bigs!

8. To go 7 bulletin points before mentioning LeBron is a testament to how well the rest of the team played last night. In case your wondering, the King had a decent night too. A 36-8-4 performance to those counting at home.

9. How terrible was the officiating? For both teams. At one point, announcer Jeff Van Gundy said that even officials have bad games, just like players. I think this game would've been better off with the replacement refs.

10. Looking forward to tonight when the Cavs continue their Florida Basketball tour. This time in South Beach against D-Wade and the Miami Heat!

Shame about the Magic. I thought they'd be a contender this year, but it looks like they're out. The loss of Turkoglu is too much for them.

Sandra

Tonight's Nationally Televised Games
Cleveland at Miami- 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT (TNT/TNT-HD)
Phoenix at L.A. Lakers- 10:30pm ET/7:30pm PT (TNT/TNT-HD)

6. In all fairness, the Magic were without Rashard Lewis, but the Cavs were also without one of their key guys in Delonte West. Delonte missed the team flight and was penalized by the team before the game. Lewis has one more game to go on his 10 game suspension (performance enhancing drugs)

There is NO WAY you care comparing the importance Rashard Lewis to Orlando to the importance of Delonte West to the Cavs....NOT EVEN in the same zip code.

WITHOUT Delonte....the Cavs are STILL a favorite to reach the Conference finals....WITHOUT Rashard Lewis, the Magic will BARELY be a playoff contender.

Another thing, I saw the game last night and the MAIN difference was the Cavs made their 3s..and Orlando didn't. Orlando had a TON.....A TON of missed WIDE OPEN 3-point shots. Cleveland did NOTHING different than last year other than not-double team Dwight. I will admit the Cavs DO match-up better this year than last, but to me, NONE of the changes they made in the off season had anything to do with last nights win.

Cleveland made their open 3....and Orlando didn't. Plain and simple.

TONIGHT'S game against Miami is gonna be fun!
AND I WILL be there!!!

big game for the Lakers tonight. Phoenix has been absolutely insane this season.

At the game and what is the Anderson "I just poster-ized" Vara-whatever his name doing acting a fool? Was feelings hurt because of that NASTY facial he got by Wade??!!

At the game and what is the Anderson "I just poster-ized" Vara-whatever his name doing acting a fool? Was feelings hurt because of that NASTY facial he got by Wade??!!

Since you just posted and you're at the American Airlines Arena, does that mean you brought a labtop to the game?

Since you just posted and you're at the American Airlines Arena, does that mean you brought a labtop to the game?

LOL... you prob don't have a smart phone huh??? :eek::eek:

Helloooooooooo Mac Fly.. Smart Phones have Internet access LMAO

Yeah...that was pretty bad. Wade embarrassed him and he made it worse by acting like a baby afterwards and embarrassing himself.

Yeah...that was pretty bad. Wade embarrassed him and he made it worse by acting like a baby afterwards and embarrassing himself.
true. but after all that the heat still lost. gimme the w anytime. still funny though :D

You can have your posters, I'll take the win! 111-104! Cavs sweep Florida!!!! YES!!!

Funny how all the haters (cough, garlic boy, cough) suddenly have shut up. :D

Old Footage to Remind You How Good NBA Fans Have it Now

Wardens pull Plax's playtime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts