NBA Hot Stove Thread

Trevor Ariza Verbally Commits to Houston

The Houston Rockets have answered the defection of Ron Artest to the Los Angeles Lakers by quickly reaching an agreement to sign Trevor Ariza away from L.A.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that Ariza made a verbal commitment Tuesday night to sign a five-year deal with the Rockets on Wednesday -- the first day free agents are permitted to sign new contracts -- not long after the Lakers and Artest reached terms on a three-year deal worth an estimated $18 million.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4303862"]NBA free agency: Trevor Ariza verbally agrees to sign with Houston Rockets - ESPN[/ame]

Also of note, Brian Windhorst (Cavs beat reporter) has reported that the Cavs offered Ariza the same deal. If true and he chose Houston over Cleveland, why?!

Sources: Kidd to re-sign with Mavs

Just last week, Knicks fans were clamoring that Kidd was coming to MSG. There goes that thought....
Jason Kidd has given the Dallas Mavericks a verbal commitment that he will re-sign with the team Wednesday, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Kidd, 36, will receive a 3-year, fully-guaranteed contract worth in excess of $25 million.

Kidd elected to stay in Dallas in the face of a hard push from the New York Knicks, who last week offered Kidd the most they could ($19 million over three years).
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4307928"]NBA free agents: Jason Kidd agrees to re-sign with Dallas Mavericks for three years, $25 million - ESPN[/ame]

Blazers, Others Interested in Knicks' David Lee.

In the wake of losing Hedo Turkoglu, the Portland Trail Blazers have become engaged in serious discussions about making an offer to New York Knicks restricted free agent David Lee, ESPN.com learned Saturday.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4306502"]NBA free agents: Portland Trail Blazers considering New York Knicks forward David Lee - ESPN[/ame]

Marbury Doesn't Foresee Return to Boston...

Free agent Stephon Marbury, the former New York Knicks guard who joined the Celtics midseason, says he doesn't foresee a return to Boston after the team offered a veteran's-minimum deal that would've paid $1.3 million, according to The Boston Globe.

"Thank you Boston for allowing the world to see me play again after all that went on in N.Y.," Marbury said in an e-mail to The Globe. "The fans treated me with open arms and that's all anyone can ask for."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4304855"]Stephon Marbury doesn't foresee returning to Boston Celtics - ESPN[/ame]

Result of Raptors Signing of Turkaglu: Not Resigning Shawn Marion & Anthony Parker?

The situation is fluid considering reports late Friday had Hedo Turkoglu spurning the Portland Trail Blazers' offer in favor of the Raptors. He would be paid in the neighborhood or $50 million for five years. If the deal is reached, Marion would likely be not be re-signed by the Raptors.

With or without Marion, Toronto is interested in free agent forwards Linas Kleiza and Raptors alumnus Carlos Delfino and has not abandoned hope of finding a way to retain Anthony Parker. Kleiza and Parker are also drawing interest from the Cleveland Cavaliers, who missed out on initial targets Ron Artest and Trevor Ariza.
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4305237"]NBA free agents: Sources: Shawn Marion, Toronto Raptors deal is not imminent - ESPN[/ame]

Wow you really obsess about the Knicks...wonder why? ;) :rolleyes:

Sandra

Not really. I'm interested in the sport as a whole. Just an honest observation of what I've read and heard. You DO know the Knicks made an offer to Kidd, don't you? This is where the chatter stemmed from....

Not really. I'm interested in the sport as a whole. Just an honest observation of what I've read and heard. You DO know the Knicks made an offer to Kidd, don't you? This is where the chatter stemmed from....

Glad to know you're all over the Knicks' news items. Wouldn't you have been happier if the Knicks would have tied up some of their 2010 salary in Kidd? :rolleyes:

Sandra

ESPN is reporting that Ron Artest will sign with the Lakers, and Rasheed Wallace has received an offer from the Celtics.

This may sound odd being a Piston's fan, but I would have loved to have Artest here. As for those who don't think Wallace will be a good fit in Boston, I just want to say that Boston is getting a very passionate player. (Hence the tech's). He's very good on "D', but doesn't seem to be interested in playing in the paint anymore. He phoned it in for some stretches last season, but he saw the handwriting on the wall. Our season ended with the AI acquisition. I can see him starting for Boston and giving a solid 20 minutes a night. He most certainly is a "clutch shooter", and can rain three pointers, just when you need them.

He was never a problem in Detroit, on or off the court. The "tech's" could be frustrating at times, but they seemed to fire up the team at times.

Glad to know you're all over the Knicks' news items. Wouldn't you have been happier if the Knicks would have tied up some of their 2010 salary in Kidd? :rolleyes:

Sandra

Don't flatter yourself or your team. I could care less what the Knickerbockers do this offseason. I'm simply reporting the news and giving you my sources.

Good question.

Same for Allen Iverson. Of all the available free agents, I've yet to hear a peep about AI. How quickly the mighty have fallen, eh?

AI hasn't come to grips with the fact that he is now a bench/role player yet. Might as well retire. Same for Starbury.

Good question.

Same for Allen Iverson. Of all the available free agents, I've yet to hear a peep about AI. How quickly the mighty have fallen, eh?

He wants to go to the Grizzlies for some stupid reason.

He wants to go to the Grizzlies for some stupid reason.

AI is the last thing that young Grizzlies team needs. Memphis is actually starting to form a great young nucleus with Mike Conley, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, Hakim Warrick, Hasheem Thabeet, Sam Young, etc. I'd hate to see an aging malcontent disrupt the learning of that team.

In yesterday's Detroit Free Press, AI called his 5 month stay in Detroit as the worst in his life. Funny, Detroit fans felt the same way about him. Definitely the worst 5 months as a fan for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)