NBA League Pass early bird discount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keekz804

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Earth
Does anybody know if DirecTv offers early bird discounts on the NBALP? I only had it one year which was last year and they didn't budge on any discounts. Any such luck heard if its the second go around you might get lucky?

I think League Pass discounts are dependent on the NBA themselves, or so I've been told by Dish in the pass and now by Directv. I think the listed price of $189 is the early bird price, a discount of a whole $10..... whoooppeee....lol. See link below:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....unces-league-pass-pricing-for-2013-14-season/

I think the only thing Direct is flexible with is the payment plan. I've been offered 4 monthly installments but I hear talk of people getting up to 6 months last season.

It's went up $10 or $20 since last year. I'll still get it though. I'm addicted to NBA. I may call and beg for a discount even though I hate doing that.

I think League Pass discounts are dependent on the NBA themselves, or so I've been told by Dish in the pass and now by Directv. I think the listed price of $189 is the early bird price, a discount of a whole $10..... whoooppeee....lol. See link below:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....unces-league-pass-pricing-for-2013-14-season/

I think the only thing Direct is flexible with is the payment plan. I've been offered 4 monthly installments but I hear talk of people getting up to 6 months last season.
Ah I see ok thanks for clarifying that, daly. I would try that but usually like to quickly get it out of the way.

It's went up $10 or $20 since last year. I'll still get it though. I'm addicted to NBA. I may call and beg for a discount even though I hate doing that.
If you do try that let me know how it goes and good luck. I'll be getting it as well basketball junkie here gotta have it even though my C's are blown up and rebuilding.

I got a question maybe you guys can check for me, if you go to the (NBALP channels) 751 and on up what does it show the Directv splash screen or the "To add this channel now, simply text, click or call" message? I'm getting the splash screen.

It's weird because I had NBALP last year and had it cancelled yet I still got NBATV all summer and am still getting it. It isnt part of a sports package or my subscription as I got the basics. I called to make sure my NBALP wasn't renewed and it wasn't. I'm wondering if they forgot to shut off NBALP altogether, doubt it but you never know.:eek: Lol

Last edited:
Ah I see ok thanks for clarifying that, daly. I would try that but usually like to quickly get it out of the way.

If you do try that let me know how it goes and good luck. I'll be getting it as well basketball junkie here gotta have it even though my C's are blown up and rebuilding.

I got a question maybe you guys can check for me, if you go to the (NBALP channels) 751 and on up what does it show the Directv splash screen or the "To add this channel now, simply text, click or call" message? I'm getting the splash screen.

It's weird because I had NBALP last year and had it cancelled yet I still got NBATV all summer and am still getting it. It isnt part of a sports package or my subscription as I got the basics. I called to make sure my NBALP wasn't renewed and it wasn't. I'm wondering if they forgot to shut off NBALP altogether, doubt it but you never know.:eek: Lol

League Pass does an auto renew as I just got an email from Dish for my first installment although I've suspended my Dish subscription and switched to Direct. Not sure how Dish expects me to watch programming from them when the account is suspended. So check if your LP has been renewed automatically. I think NFL Sunday Ticket does the same every year, leaving the subscriber to opt out themselves if they wish to not participate the following season.

Just my first month with Direct so never subscribed with LP with them before and am just getting the Directv logo with music playing in the background on channel 751.

Would love to know if the other op gets any better discount than the early bird special and posts back here.

League Pass does an auto renew as I just got an email from Dish for my first installment although I've suspended my Dish subscription and switched to Direct. Not sure how Dish expects me to watch programming from them when the account is suspended. So check if your LP has been renewed automatically. I think NFL Sunday Ticket does the same every year, leaving the subscriber to opt out themselves if they wish to not participate the following season.

Just my first month with Direct so never subscribed with LP with them before and am just getting the Directv logo with music playing in the background on channel 751.

Would love to know if the other op gets any better discount than the early bird special and posts back here.
I am interested about that as well let us know, Matt. I guess my hopes of getting it under the table are debunked as you're getting music playing as well LOL. I mean shouldn't it tell us to subscribe though call to order this channel etc? I'm guessing maybe everybody is getting the NBALP channels now and throughout the first week of the season as a free trial? That still doesn't explain why I'm getting NBATV though?!

I have called them a couple times previously and my NBALP was cancelled and not set to auto-renew. Lets see starting tomorrow if we actually get some of these upcoming preseason games.:popcorn

Last edited:
I think even if you're not signed up for League Pass you'll still get preseason games plus the first 3 or 4 days of the season are a free trial.

Looks like Pelicans vs. Rockets will be on tonight. The other 3 are all on NBATV.

D Rose is back baby!! Lol... Looked good tonight. Looks like LeBron & my Heat have some real competition out of Chicago this year and not that NFL type stuff they pulled on us last playoffs.

Preseason games tonight really gets you in the mood for the new season though. I think we're gonna get the first week of regular season free on LP. Still wondering if I should wait to sign up then or see if I can squeeze a little more out of them this weekend. Still waiting on others to report their experience here.

I finally called them last night, tried to get them to budge on the old price of $169 I usually pay but no dice. They said it's already a discounted early bird price YMMV.

I would advise calling them if you previously had it, as it turns out I actually was set to auto-renew the subscription even though I had called them some months back and told them to cancel it completely. As I was saying before though I had NBATV all summer figured if I was renewed that would have been shut off until NBA season rolled around again. It's all good though I had planned on it getting it anyway. The rep did say there is a trial going on and that it would be jumping up in price once the trial was done.

I caved in.... just went ahead and signed up online without any discount. Took the 6 month payment plan but already paying off..... the wife is happy, she was watching preseason games all of last night. HD Picture looks good but having difficulty getting LP Broadband activated online so I'll have to contact NBA League Pass to get that done, as I did last year when I was with Dish.

I caved in.... just went ahead and signed up online without any discount. Took the 6 month payment plan but already paying off..... the wife is happy, she was watching preseason games all of last night. HD Picture looks good but having difficulty getting LP Broadband activated online so I'll have to contact NBA League Pass to get that done, as I did last year when I was with Dish.
Yup happy with mine definitely still worth it even at the bit higher price, there's just so much games. It ain't nothing like basketball on those cold winter nights over some hot chocolate...even though its going to be a brutal year for my C's this season. Lol

Last edited:
Yup happy with mine definitely still worth it even at the bit higher price, there's just so much games. It ain't nothing like basketball on those cold winter nights over some hot chocolate...even though its going to be a brutal year for my C's this season. Lol

If you mean Celtics, they didn't look too bad in the preseason game I saw them in recently. Got some young talents there. Of course as a Heat fan I really do hope it's a long season for you guys lol.

I agree with with you about the number of games with LP though. I had planned to go to 2 Heat games with the Mrs this season that would've costed us almost $200. So we did the math & shelve those plans & renewed LP this season instead. I'm still hoping to sneak in a game this season before LeBron leaves....... who am I kidding. .... he ain't going anywhere lol

what would happen in Cleveland if LeBron returned like he said he might do? I think at first they might boo him but if they start winning then they will pack the arena to cheer him on. Of course he can't carry the team by himself as he found out when he started out in Cleveland and I think he still lives in Cleveland and is there supporting the sports teams and donating time and money all the time.

what would happen in Cleveland if LeBron returned like he said he might do? I think at first they might boo him but if they start winning then they will pack the arena to cheer him on. Of course he can't carry the team by himself as he found out when he started out in Cleveland and I think he still lives in Cleveland and is there supporting the sports teams and donating time and money all the time.

I think he lives in Akron actually, not Cleveland. I don't think they would boo him at first at all. I think all would be forgiven pretty quickly.

I think he lives in Akron actually, not Cleveland. I don't think they would boo him at first at all. I think all would be forgiven pretty quickly.

I know a year or two ago he was saying he might go back to the cavaliers. I'd be happy. I want to see Cleveland win a championship for the first time in a long time ( I think the 50s or 60s with the browns).

He won't have to carry the Cavs anymore if he comes back to Cleveland. Kyrie Irving is ridiculously good and they've got a bunch of young talent now. I think half of the Heat will retire after this season. I hope he bails on them after this year. I used to watch every game LeBron played when he was on the Cavs. I lost complete interest in him after he went on TV with "The Decision".

He's quite happy here in S. Florida, unless South Beach moves to Cleveland and it suddenly averages 60 degrees in January & February lol. He's the man here and Heat management will surround him with the requisite players again given the outside chance Bosh & D-Wade is not up to par. But we'll see what happens after the 3peat.....Go Heat!

Status
Please reply by conversation.