NBA Lockout thread

I have said before my favorite sport is baseball. You are confusing my appreciatation and support of the Miami Heat for undying love for the the NBA.... apples and oranges young lady.

Your tepid allegiance not withstanding...the NBA as well.

Sandra

Not a try. I'm saying if the MLS is poised to overtake the NHL based on attendance, it's also poised to overtake the NBA...regardless of who beloves it.

Sandra

And the MLS had nothing to do with what I commented on. YOU decided to make sure you did due diligence in trolling a comment that had nothing to do with what was being dicussed at the time.

But, I guess you accomplished what you intended to do.

Congrats!:rolleyes:

And the MLS had nothing to do with what I commented on. YOU decided to make sure you did due diligence in trolling a comment that had nothing to do with what was being dicussed at the time.

LMAO NICE TRY!!! :rolleyes:

Sandra

Looked like it had everything to do with what was being discussed, like I said popularity like many things is relative, and that's why there's less discussion about this lockout. You can be more popular year over year and get less attention because you are being outshined by other sports.

That was the point being made, but you felt the need to try and deem it inadmissible like some kind of lawyer controlling a line of questioning.

The better counterpoint would have been to try and explain that the popularity of other sports isn't why this isn't being discussed and provide some kind of reason to justify that, to counter the attendance statements. (good luck with that)

Personally, its football time, I'd say most really couldn't care less, and neither could the football-heavy news cycle that we'll be in for the foreseeable future.

IMO the hysteria this season over the Heat dream team piqued curiosity, the new CBA and the lockout could set the league back a decade as far as popularity and viewership (perhaps not literally, but a big step back). Season is over, and people don't care until the playoffs are canceled, since that's when people like me even care about Basketball anyways.

Looked like it had everything to do with what was being discussed, like I said popularity like many things is relative, and that's why there's less discussion about this lockout. You can be more popular year over year and get less attention because you are being outshined by other sports.

That was the point being made, but you felt the need to try and deem it inadmissible like some kind of lawyer controlling a line of questioning.

The better counterpoint would have been to try and explain that the popularity of other sports isn't why this isn't being discussed and provide some kind of reason to justify that, to counter the attendance statements. (good luck with that)

Personally, its football time, I'd say most really couldn't care less, and neither could the football-heavy news cycle that we'll be in for the foreseeable future.

IMO the hysteria this season over the Heat dream team piqued curiosity, the new CBA and the lockout could set the league back a decade as far as popularity and viewership (perhaps not literally, but a big step back). Season is over, and people don't care until the playoffs are canceled, since that's when people like me even care about Basketball anyways.

Apples and oranges AGAIN. What was being compared was this year to last year. I was responding to the claim that "it was not popular anymore". My post proved OTHERWISE...not compared to other sports. So interjecting comparison to OTHER sports brought nothing to the conversation... your honor....:rolleyes:

Apples and oranges AGAIN. What was being compared was this year to last year. I was responding to the claim that "it was not popular anymore". My post proved OTHERWISE...not compared to other sports. So interjecting comparison to OTHER sports brought nothing to the conversation... your honor....:rolleyes:

Nothing was proven...it's all opinion.

Sandra

Nothing was proven...it's all opinion.

Sandra

The Eastern Conference finals just enjoyed ratings and viewership records for cable TV on TNT, according to Nielsen.com. Meanwhile, the ratings for this year's playoffs on ESPN were up 8 percent over last season, and were the most-viewed in ESPN history. Not only was regular-season viewership of NBA games up 45 percent over the previous season, it was up 30 percent over 1995-96, when folks were obsessed over Michael Jordan leading the Chicago Bulls to a 72-win season.

And television isn't the only place where increased interest in the NBA is reflected. NBA.com reports that page views are up 40 percent over last season, video streams are up 130 percent and NBA mobile downloads are up 75 percent. Traffic to NBA content on ESPN.com has increased dramatically as well, with some categories approaching triple-digit increases.

There are no opinions there, those are facts according to all the sources listed there.

The NBA isn't as popular anymore so nobody is going to care as much. I haven't heard any reporters talk about it lately. Heck, during the NFL lockout, you heard someone reporting about it at least a few times a week.

Maybe you should have only quoted the first sentance of this post, looks like the popularity of other sports was more than relevant from the start...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Not sure how to gauge the importance of this lockout, but I have Sirius Satellite and flip between each major sports talk station all day long. I can't remember the last time I heard a peep about this. At least when the NFL was in a lockout, you'd hear something on a daily basis. I truly believe, the majority of sports fans just don't care. Good riddance NBA!!!

Absolutely! In fact, I'm looking forward to the NBA season being cancelled so they can get their labor rates under controll; the player salaries and ticket prices are unsustainable. Heck, they were unsustainable when people had jobs and teachers were earning 40K for having a college degree...even less so not that the unemployment rate is sky-high. Players cannot and should not make more than the owners who are taking all the financial risks.

Stop it already. Quit going back and forth. If it doesn't stop between you Salsa and Sandra, you both are gone. FOREVER!

Word is Delonte West applied for a job at Home Depot to pay the bills until he starts collecting NBA paychecks again. Was he convicted of anything when he was found with a stash of loaded weaponry while driving through town? I forget.

Would hate to see a conviction keep him from getting a REAL job lol. Can you imagine walking into Home Depot and seeing good 'ol Delonte at the counter???

'Hey Delonte, get me two gallons of golden mushroom satin latex, will ya?'

Sandra

Negotiations scheduled for tomorrow between the owners and the players. Camps scheduled to open in 34 days.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)