NBA Lockout thread

Magic does have a stake...Seeing thing he is now in business with the biggest hardliner of the owners, Dan Gilbert. Also, Stern works FOR the owners and the message was stated as the owners statement. Stern is just the puppent mouth piece in the middle.
magic is in business with gilbert? what exactly is he doing?

magic is in business with gilbert? what exactly is he doing?

Gilbert and his partners, including Ervin "Magic" Johnson, have invested heavily in other high tech companies and poured $100 million into purchase and renovations in the city's core.

Gilbert takes his talents and company to Detroit - CBS News

YES, they are both from the Detroit area...but money and business make strange bed fellows...as the saying goes....ESPECIALLY when you are talking about the neighborhood of $100 million in "other high tech companies"

Last edited:
i love how when things don't go a certain way for some, it's usually a racial issue :rolleyes:

Kessler is not involved in the proceeding AT ALL. He was the rep for the NFL Players union. He is unfortunately, putting his 2 cents in the mix. Neither the union will agree or disagree publicly with his statements because saying something either way would be incredibly stupid.

Kessler is not involved in the proceeding AT ALL. He was the rep for the NFL Players union. He is unfortunately, putting his 2 cents in the mix. Neither the union will agree or disagree publicly with his statements because saying something either way would be incredibly stupid.
Did you read the article I posted?? It clearly says Kessler is representing the player's union in this matter.

Apparently there is a large group of owners who do not even want to play at a 50/50 split. I've been saying all along, I don't understand why the owners don't draw a hard line at 47/53.

Sandra

They don't have to agree. You will never get all the owners to agree on everything. Or all the players for that matter. They all have different situations.

The question is which group can convince enough to get a voting block.

Sandra

NBA union attorney Jeffrey Kessler has apologized for saying that owners are treating players "like plantation workers," adding that he doesn't want to become a distraction during the tense negotiations.

"The comments that I made in The Washington Post took place in an interview late at night Monday after a very long day," Kessler said in a statement. "Looking back, the words that I used were inappropriate; I did not intend to offend. I was merely passionately advocating for the players."
NBA lockout -- Jeffrey Kessler apologizes for 'plantation workers' comment - ESPN

SandraC said:
Apparently there is a large group of owners who do not even want to play at a 50/50 split. I've been saying all along, I don't understand why the owners don't draw a hard line at 47/53.

Sandra

No...it is a handful. The majority can go either way...with a group about the same size as hardliners wanting to play now...as per Chris Broussard and Adrian Wojnarowski..

No...it is a handful. The majority can go either way...with a group about the same size as hardliners wanting to play now...as per Chris Broussard and Adrian Wojnarowski..

You've proven your sources only give the player's side of the issues, so we'll have to disregard them.

I heard on ESPN last night a substantial group of owners wants the players to reject the 50/50 offer so that the owners can lower it.

Sandra

Last edited:
SandraC said:
You've proven your sources only give the player's side of the issues, so we'll have to disregard them.

I heard on ESPN last night a substantial group of owners wants the players to reject the 50/50 offer so that the owners can lower it.

Sandra

You provided no sources until now.

Sandra

Broussard might as well be on the NBAPA payroll, his reporting has been laughable.

Always amusing when the sources weighing in come 100% from the jock sniffing apologist camp.

Plenty in the media and likely one or two from this fine forum

Always entertaining read though.

atl14dat said:
Always amusing when the sources weighing in come 100% from the jock sniffing apologist camp.

Plenty in the media and likely one or two from this fine forum

Always entertaining read though.

And it's even better when some have to result to insulting when they don't have a pot to piss in when it comes to an argument. ;-p

Hart5150 said:
Broussard might as well be on the NBAPA payroll, his reporting has been laughable.

...."might as well be on the NBAPA payroll...."

Does that mean anyone that opposes your viewpoint is on the other sides payroll?

Hmmmm... Ok, if you say so.

Oh my, was anyone else watching ESPN last night when they were showing whoever it was at the press conference taking questions about Paterno (it wasn't live, but it was the first time they were showing the questions that I saw)? BAM...they switched to David Stern in a live press conference just after the meeting ended around 12:30 AM. Strange.

I'm sure in true Satellite Guys fashion we'll get all the news that came out blaming the owners side and glorifying the players side (sniff sniff), but from where I stand I still hold a glimmer of hope that an agreement can be reached...and I don't think reaching an agreement today is totally out of the question either.

Sandra

SandraC said:
I'm sure in true Satellite Guys fashion we'll get all the news that came out blaming the owners side and glorifying the players side (sniff sniff)

Sandra

Ahhh...LMAO....IF you want to call me a "jock sniffer"....have the cojones to say it....

I can handle it.....;-)

Stern said he didn't think it would have been fair to lower the offer at 5PM, during the meeting, like he said he would. Part of me thinks he should have.

Sandra

Details of the MLB CBA that both the players and the owners agreed to...

NBA D-League and hockey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)