NCAA 2013 Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed my point. If you're going to complain about "cheaters" then look to your own team first.

Nevermind. How long will this thread keep running anyway?

Then you must've been upset after that win against Saban's LSU squad in the 2005 Capital One Bowl...you know, when the Hawkeyes held two potential defenders on that Hail Mary pass at the end.

6f55993e84823c341abbc4e5d4c434102bfbf2c4.jpg

Here's a better picture...

Ref-LSU-IOWA.jpg

Funny thing is I don't remember any Iowa fans complaining then. ;) :D

I honestly don't recall anyone complaining about that play other than LSU fans being upset about their defense blowing the coverage. I never saw an outrage of fans online saying the only reason Iowa won was because Iowa got away with a hold. Now, if an Iowa player purposely tripped a defender to stop them then I would call that cheating for sure.

I know there are holds and other nit-picky crap on every play, that's just part of the game. I didn't want to start a huge issue and wasn't even saying the fake injury affected the outcome of the game. I just was pointing out that he was clearly faking an injury.

You act as if I'm a bitter Iowa fan when in fact I am not. I enjoyed watching the game and really wasn't that upset after the loss. I never felt that Iowa got screwed over and was actually pretty proud of the season they had.

Be interesting if he goes. He has only been a head coach for what, 3 or 4 years and not sure he will last at Texas. What Louisville considers a rousing success will get you fired at UT.

Um he won the sugar bowl in his 2nd year, only lost 1 game last year (to the current sugar bowl champ who stomped baylor) I think Texas would rejoice with that... Theyd think he was the second coming.

Um he won the sugar bowl in his 2nd year, only lost 1 game last year (to the current sugar bowl champ who stomped baylor) I think Texas would rejoice with that... Theyd think he was the second coming.
Living here in Cincy, I've seen him coach several times against the Beatcats and others. He's a good recruiter and motivator. It would be interesting to see what he could do with the money and boosters Texas will give him.

I honestly don't recall anyone complaining about that play other than LSU fans being upset about their defense blowing the coverage. I never saw an outrage of fans online saying the only reason Iowa won was because Iowa got away with a hold. Now, if an Iowa player purposely tripped a defender to stop them then I would call that cheating for sure.

I know there are holds and other nit-picky crap on every play, that's just part of the game. I didn't want to start a huge issue and wasn't even saying the fake injury affected the outcome of the game. I just was pointing out that he was clearly faking an injury.

You act as if I'm a bitter Iowa fan when in fact I am not. I enjoyed watching the game and really wasn't that upset after the loss. I never felt that Iowa got screwed over and was actually pretty proud of the season they had.
Nah, I didn't picture you that way at all. It's all in fun and I was just ribbing you a little. And I don't remember LSU fans complaining either then, myself included. But don't think we didn't notice those holds. ;) :)

nah, holding penalties usually get flagged, and aren't considered unsportsmanlike conduct. Faking an injury is, and why the NFL now will levy fines, suspend players, and/or take draft picks.

Problem is, what point do you use to determine if a player is actually hurt or not ?

You can't leave that to an official, hell he can't even tell PI vs good coverage.

Living here in Cincy, I've seen him coach several times against the Beatcats and others. He's a good recruiter and motivator. It would be interesting to see what he could do with the money and boosters Texas will give him.

Gonna be interesting to see what he can do with all that Texas can offer. Texas could be a beast on the national scene in a few years if he is able to get all the top Texas recruits to come to Austin and not College Station or Norman.

Problem is, what point do you use to determine if a player is actually hurt or not ?

You can't leave that to an official, hell he can't even tell PI vs good coverage.
Hence my idea that if a players injury stops the game, they're out for the rest of the half. That way they can be properly evaluated by their training staff (safety first).

Hence my idea that if a players injury stops the game, they're out for the rest of the half. That way they can be properly evaluated by their training staff (safety first).

And if your injury is minor and you could have came back in the next series, what then ...

Btw, I like the idea if a guy goes out causing an interruption in play, he's out for the series.

just make it that they are out till end of quarter instead of half. that gets the fakers off for a while and give time for a proper evaluation if they are hurt but its only minor

And if your injury is minor and you could have came back in the next series, what then ...

Btw, I like the idea if a guy goes out causing an interruption in play, he's out for the series.

Yea specially if its just a cramp. I mean those happen all the time and only take a little break some hydrating and salt and you are ready to go.

Will he leave the Cardinals after a few years then go to the NFL and then back to the SEC. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts