NCAA College Basketball 2011-12

Wow, going to Rupp was bad enough, but now Lavin is having a setback from his October 6 prostate cancer surgery (not a cancer setback, a tired/too much too soon setback), and he won't accompany the team there.

Not looking good.

Still...God's on our side!

Sandra

Some good games to watch tonight:

7:30PM Florida State-Michigan State, ESPN
9:15PM Virginia Tech-Minnesota, ESPN 2
9:30PM Wisconsin-North Carolina, ESPN
10:30PM Creighton-San Diego State, The Mountain

Enjoy!

Sandra

Enjoy!

Sandra

Creighton is the pre-conference favorite for the Valley. I hope not. I can't stand Creighton - even though I have had the pleasure of watching ISU crush them on several occasions by 20 points, including a semi-final game at the MVC Tourney, where they had about 5000 fans. They went from obnoxious to silent. :D

I'll be at a game I wouldn't even recommend to anyone tonight, as ISU plays Chicago State. The last time they played the game got called by a brawl and the then-ISU coach had his nose broken trying to break up a fight. :D Needless to say, this is the first time they have played each other since that game 6 or 7 years ago.

Creighton is the pre-conference favorite for the Valley. I hope not. I can't stand Creighton - even though I have had the pleasure of watching ISU crush them on several occasions by 20 points, including a semi-final game at the MVC Tourney, where they had about 5000 fans. They went from obnoxious to silent. :D

I'll be at a game I wouldn't even recommend to anyone tonight, as ISU plays Chicago State. The last time they played the game got called by a brawl and the then-ISU coach had his nose broken trying to break up a fight. :D Needless to say, this is the first time they have played each other since that game 6 or 7 years ago.

LOL hate for Creighton...whooda thunk?

Enjoy your game tonite!!!

Sandra

Sandra

The Missouri Valley has passionate fans and some great rivalries- and there are a few teams that I just don't like - and take extra pleasure when we win. Creighton is one. Northern Iowa is another. That doesn't even count the War on 74 rivalry with Bradley, 35 miles away. :)

We may be a "mid-major" but there is some darn good basketball played.

The Missouri Valley has passionate fans and some great rivalries- and there are a few teams that I just don't like - and take extra pleasure when we win. Creighton is one. Northern Iowa is another. That doesn't even count the War on 74 rivalry with Bradley, 35 miles away. :)

We may be a "mid-major" but there is some darn good basketball played.

The MVC is awesome...I love watching MVC games.

Missouri State, Creighton, Northern Iowa are all top teams. Wichita State and Indiana State are right behind them.

And I remember from last year's big dance, Jake Odum, who was a freshman at Indiana State, was really fun to watch.

Great basketball in the MVC.

Sandra

Sandra

Well, it was a blow out. 85-41. Kind of boring in the second half. I just wish our coach would find some decent teams for the pre-conference season; even just some good mid-majors. It kills our RPI and with crappy teams like Chicago State and Berthune-Cookman (who we played last weekend), bleh... does nothing to get ready for ANY of the Valley games. Next up is UNC-Wilmington. No clue if they are any good. But I'll be there. :)

Enjoy!

Sandra

I'm shocked you didnt put down Denver & Utah State ;)

I'm shocked you didnt put down Denver & Utah State ;)

LOL it was on ESPN Full Court, and even though my cousin is not going to be on TV there for a year or two, I did check in on this game at the end to watch the amazing WINNING TEAM - LOSING TEAM chant.

Only one problem...Utah State lost!!! Surprisingly, they did not do the chant...;)

Sandra

Well, it was a blow out. 85-41. Kind of boring in the second half. I just wish our coach would find some decent teams for the pre-conference season; even just some good mid-majors. It kills our RPI and with crappy teams like Chicago State and Berthune-Cookman (who we played last weekend), bleh... does nothing to get ready for ANY of the Valley games. Next up is UNC-Wilmington. No clue if they are any good. But I'll be there. :)

The problem is that it's extremely difficult to get the better teams to play away games at teams from conferences like the MVC, the WAC, the Atlantic 10, West Coast Conference, Horizon, and many other mid-majors.

They don't want to risk a loss.

Sandra

The problem is that it's extremely difficult to get the better teams to play away games at teams from conferences like the MVC, the WAC, the Atlantic 10, West Coast Conference, Horizon, and many other mid-majors.

They don't want to risk a loss.

Sandra

I understand the dynamics involved, but the reality is that other MVC teams have managed much stronger schedules than our coach has. And not just the top two or three schools. And it does not help when there is a season like ISU had last year, offense seemed to get sucked out of the team, barely saw 60 points. A season-long slump. It was painful to watch.

One good game on TV tonight:

9:30PM Georgetown-Alabama, ESPN 2

Tempted to go all homer and mention St. John's-Kentucky too, but I just can't do it and keep a straight face. Gotta keep it real.

Ramy, if you're at Rupp, watch and enjoy the lions devour the Christians. The rest of you...I suggest you turn your heads...it's gonna be ugly.

Sandra

Last edited:
Only bad thing about it is thats a late game for us early risers. But Ill stay up and watch it anyway.

I have a question.......now last night was the 1st time I actually watched a smidge of a game with Bobby Knight as the color guy (Minnesota/VT). Is it just me or does he not want to be there and like to throw out asinine answers so people will think "oh he's still being Coach Knight"?

examples
At the beginning of the broadcast when they show the announcers he looked kinda confused and had the "why the hell am I here" look on his face
They talked about the Goofs losing one guy for the year (Mbakwe) and Ralph Sampson III is out for the game and the pxp guy asks "how is Minnesota going to deal with these 2 loses" and Knight said something like "nothing....thats why you have 12 guys there on the team" and went into some rambling about losing a guy when he coached at Army or something.

During the telecast most of what he would comment on was just smart ass comments.

Yeah, that's Bobby Knight. I'm sure he talked about ball fakes too.

But he's still a heck of a lot better than Dick Vitale. You can't even tell what he's saying since he's too busy trying to announce a game and kiss Coach K's tukkus at the same time.

Sandra

SandraC said:

Sandra

Now I know I'm going to be sorry for asking this but I have to, why is god on your side, is it because the school is named after a saint? I always thought ND was gods favorite.

goodbye and good riddance.

Vandy with the upset!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)