NCAA College Basketball 2011-12

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Yeah! Kentucky will be the new #1. :)

Only problem is that UNC and St. Johns will be really wanting to knock off the new #1 next week.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Ah-choo!

;) Just kidding. Could not help myself. Personally I think the rankings at this time of the season are kind of meaningless. An awful lot of basketball still to be played.

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
How about UNC vs. Kentucky on Saturday. Talk about a season premiere, WOW!!! Btw, do any of you guys know of a good website that has historical college basketball scores? Results of all the conference tournament games, regular season etc.?

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Except you missed the Illinois - Illinois State game, which was very good.

The world is bigger than the "power" conferences. I know ISU kept the Illini on their toes for 40 minutes. Looking forward to the Missouri Valley Conference games to begin.

LOL you say the world is bigger than the 'power conferences'...then list a game involving a Big Ten team!!!

This after one of my suggestions WAS...go back and take a look...St. Mary's-Denver!!!

LOL a game doesn't need a Big Ten team to be a good game!

Sandra

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Hey Ramy...Saturday night was my first time to Rupp Arena!!!

We brought my nephew and his friend to a soccer tournament outside Cincinnati this weekend, the soccer tournament ended on Saturday, and my husband somehow worked his I phone and we wound up kidnapping the boys for another night and driving down to Lexington!

It was wonderful! A couple of observations...the arena is a LOT newer than I thought. For some reason I pictured a place like the Palestra in Philly, an old building dripping with history. Rupp is not quite like that, but is an absolutely fantastic arena! It's huge, yet still has the feeling and intensity of a smaller venue.

People we were sitting near told us the place is different when all the students are there, but I still found it to be incredibly loud and a LOT of fun! Portland was a game team, and actually controlled the boards for periods of time, but Kentucky was just too much for them. I think Kentucky is a REALLY good team!

Lexington is farther from Cincinnat than I thought....for some reason I though it was right over the river...silly me!

I would LOVE to go back for an SEC game!

Sandra

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Bama looked pretty stout again last night. The more they play the more excited I get about the season.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
LOL you say the world is bigger than the 'power conferences'...then list a game involving a Big Ten team!!!

This after one of my suggestions WAS...go back and take a look...St. Mary's-Denver!!!

LOL a game doesn't need a Big Ten team to be a good game!

Sandra

The point was you did not list it because of who they were playing. And you are right, you don't need a power conference to have a great game. The Missouri Valley proves that every year, but still gets screwed come March.

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Some good games to watch tonight:

7:00PM Long Beach State-Louisville, ESPN U
7:00PM Xavier-Vanderbilt, ESPN 2

Enjoy!

Sandra

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Hey Ramy...Saturday night was my first time to Rupp Arena!!!

We brought my nephew and his friend to a soccer tournament outside Cincinnati this weekend, the soccer tournament ended on Saturday, and my husband somehow worked his I phone and we wound up kidnapping the boys for another night and driving down to Lexington!

It was wonderful! A couple of observations...the arena is a LOT newer than I thought. For some reason I pictured a place like the Palestra in Philly, an old building dripping with history. Rupp is not quite like that, but is an absolutely fantastic arena! It's huge, yet still has the feeling and intensity of a smaller venue.

People we were sitting near told us the place is different when all the students are there, but I still found it to be incredibly loud and a LOT of fun! Portland was a game team, and actually controlled the boards for periods of time, but Kentucky was just too much for them. I think Kentucky is a REALLY good team!

Lexington is farther from Cincinnat than I thought....for some reason I though it was right over the river...silly me!

I would LOVE to go back for an SEC game!

Sandra

I was there. Where were your seats?

I have season tickets so I will be watching your St. John's team.

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
I was there. Where were your seats?

I have season tickets so I will be watching your St. John's team.

We were in the teens, I think, one section away from center court, about 2/3 of the way up the lower section. I would have to ask my husband to be sure. Where were you?

Before the game we ate at a great hamburger place called Sawyers.

Sandra

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
We were in the teens, I think, one section away from center court, about 2/3 of the way up the lower section. I would have to ask my husband to be sure. Where were you?

Before the game we ate at a great hamburger place called Sawyers.

Sandra

I was in section 240 row R seat 16. Upper section behind the student section. Never heard is Sawyers. Might have to try it some time.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
I was in section 240 row R seat 16. Upper section behind the student section. Never heard is Sawyers. Might have to try it some time.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

LOL it was kinda weird being there and seeing the advertisements for the St. John's game! I tried to start a WE ARE - ST JOHN'S chant, but didn't get very far...even my husband wouldn't join in!

Sandra

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
Sorry, Sandra - the Johnnies have zero chance of winning at Rupp. Didn't you guys just lose to the NORTHEASTERN Huskies by 14 at home? Jim Calhoun isn't walking through that door, either :)

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Sorry, Sandra - the Johnnies have zero chance of winning at Rupp. Didn't you guys just lose to the NORTHEASTERN Huskies by 14 at home? Jim Calhoun isn't walking through that door, either :)

Please...no need to apologize. We're starting mostly freshman. Not only won't they win at Rupp, they won't win a lot period.

Still...God's on our side!

Sandra

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Some good games to watch tonight:

7:00PM Michigan-Virginia, ESPN 2
9:00PM Miami (FL)-Purdue, ESPN 2
9:00PM Arizona-New Mexico State, Altitude, Fox Sports Arizona +, ESPN Full Court
9:30PM Duke-Ohio State, ESPN

Hey, anybody think it's a coincidence that the Big Ten won the challenge for the first time last year, and Anders disapeared from the site? Hope he's OK!

Enjoy!

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)