NCAA Football 2009-10 PreSeason

Lets skip the non-sense and just discuss the important stuff..

By how many points will FLA win the national title game this year? Im guessing at least 21.

Lets skip the non-sense and just discuss the important stuff..

By how many points will FLA win the national title game this year? Im guessing at least 21.
Depends who they play:
Texas - No
Ohio St. - Yes
USC - Yes

Ga Tech - they lose (at least in my dreams :) )

What were they in?
Independent (this was prior to the Big East creating a football conference).

Of course, they were only #3 in that game. Notre Dame was #1 & Miami was #2. If West Virginia had beaten Notre Dame, Miami might have snagged the top spot, since their only loss was a 1 pt. loss to Notre Dame in a game where a bad call stopped them from having a 1st & goal on the 1-yrd. line.

Independent (this was prior to the Big East creating a football conference).

Of course, they were only #3 in that game. Notre Dame was #1 & Miami was #2. If West Virginia had beaten Notre Dame, Miami might have snagged the top spot, since their only loss was a 1 pt. loss to Notre Dame in a game where a bad call stopped them from having a 1st & goal on the 1-yrd. line.

I thought that was ridiculous.

Had West Virginia beaten Notre Dame to finish the year unbeaten yet possinly get beaten out for a national title by a Miami team that LOST a game, that would have been absolute B.S. to me.

I thought that was ridiculous.

Had West Virginia beaten Notre Dame to finish the year unbeaten yet possinly get beaten out for a national title by a Miami team that LOST a game, that would have been absolute B.S. to me.
True, but the same thing happened 3 years later when the AP voted 10-1-1 (5th down) Colorado over undefeated 11-0-1 Ga Tech.
Not to mention last year when 1 loss Florida was voted over undefeated Utah.

If Tebow goes down, so does your season.

Don't tease me, that's the only way Georgia has managed to beat them in the last decade. :(

As it is though, injuries can happen to any team, so it's always a big if, but also pure speculation.

You've got a QB that everyone on the field is watching and plays all out , also exposing his body to WAY more pounding than nessasary, an injury is not out of the realm of possibility.

143 more days until THE Ohio State Buckeyes STOMP the Michigan Wolverines!!!!

PS, when we win this year, that'll be SIX in a row over those stupid Maize and Blue's!

Never mind that 48% of the SEC's OOC schedule is against non-BCS I-A teams.

Never mind that 23% of OOC games are against I-AA teams (!)
There are more games, but lets run through those OOC games...
8 out of the 12 games are conference games, so that leaves a total of 4 OOC games to schedule.

1 game is typically against a state rival, ala Fla-FSU, UGa-GaTech, etc...
1 game is usually against a big name that they don't play often, ala UGa-Arizona St.

That leaves 2 whole games that are the patsy games (Sept warmup & homecoming).

If 23% of OOC games are agaisnt I-AA teams, that's still only ONE game, not exactly a huge number.
If 48% of OOC games are against non-BCS I-A teams, that's only TWO games. Again not a big number, especially when there are more non-BCS teams than BCS teams.

Are the other conference stats any better than a average of ONE I-AA team, and TWO non-BCS I-A teams? I didn't think so.

143 more days until THE Ohio State Buckeyes STOMP the Michigan Wolverines!!!!

PS, when we win this year, that'll be SIX in a row over those stupid Maize and Blue's!
Ohhh, my wife will love to get in on this thread after that comment:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)