NCAA Football 2012-13 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this talk about the ACC has me wondering...

What CAA team is going to beat an ACC team this year? :D

All of this talk about the ACC has me wondering... What CAA team is going to beat an ACC team this year? :D
Teams are teams, some have better days than others and fate kicks in. You can come up with excuses like Michigan players did about getting high or drunk before the APP St game but in the end App St was the better team - hell didn't they continue winning for the rest of the year? You can say recruiting is why this shouldn't happen but as those in the NFL say "any given sunday...". I'm willing to say a few FBS teams will get upset by their FCS/CAA counterparts...just happens. - - - why are my sentences getting compressed together when I clearly space them out in my posts??

Re: NCAA Football 2012-13

Hey....I thought Rey fixed it so that spam wouldn't show up around here anymore! :)

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

No, you can still talk about the ACC and Big 12. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Re: NCAA Football 2012-13

Now if you would have said ACC and Big EAST, you would have received a like! :p

Well them too. Lol I figured that didn't even need a spam block, nobody is talking about those teams anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Teams are teams, some have better days than others and fate kicks in. You can come up with excuses like Michigan players did about getting high or drunk before the APP St game but in the end App St was the better team - hell didn't they continue winning for the rest of the year? You can say recruiting is why this shouldn't happen but as those in the NFL say "any given sunday...". I'm willing to say a few FBS teams will get upset by their FCS/CAA counterparts...just happens. - - - why are my sentences getting compressed together when I clearly space them out in my posts??

I believe that APP ST. was thier division Champs the year before the Michigan game (possibly after as well) so Michigan should have not had a let down of any kind seeing they were crowned the best in thier division the year before.

Yaz, you need to go back and read again. I had a few more posts for you to dislike, you must have missed them. ;)

Yaz, you need to go back and read again. I had a few more posts for you to dislike, you must have missed them. ;)

Nah, I'm sure you'll be giving me plenty more opportunities in the future!!! You just can't help yourself! ;)

Anyways, I thought you liked being #1, king of the hill, head of the list, cream of the crop, and top of the heap.

And now you are! :up :D

Last edited:

Sorry, you can't compare one I-AA team beating Michigan once, to the the trend that is CAA over ACC. It's a tradition!

2011 - Duke loses to Richmond
2010 - V Tech loses to James Madison
2009 - Duke loses to Richmond
2009 - UVA loses to William and Mary

dook chickened out, and scheduled a non-CAA opponent. This year, you have:

William and Mary @ Maryland
Richmond @ UVA
Maine @ BCU

Could the CAA go 2-1 against the ACC? :D LOL!

Sorry, you can't compare one I-AA team beating Michigan once, to the the trend that is CAA over ACC. It's a tradition!

2011 - Duke loses to Richmond
2010 - V Tech loses to James Madison
2009 - Duke loses to Richmond
2009 - UVA loses to William and Mary

dook chickened out, and scheduled a non-CAA opponent. This year, you have:

William and Mary @ Maryland
Richmond @ UVA
Maine @ BCU

Could the CAA go 2-1 against the ACC? :D LOL!
Tell me about it.
hancox, you know I'm not an ACC hater, in fact the opposite (we had many discussions back when Miami & VT bailed on the Big East). Plus I'm a GT grad as well.

But I'll be the first to admit that ACC football has positively reeked in the last 4 years. We have beaten no body. Our champs are being routinely drummed by SEC rivals (who didn't even win their divisions) at the end of the season prior to the same thing happening in the Orange Bowl.

I can't remember the last time an ACC team beat a ranked (at the end of the season) OOC opponent.
Until we turn this around (on the field), I'm sorry to say the MWC has us beat.

Even if a team makes it through the ACC undefeated this year, it means nothing, as they still wouldn't have played anyone. Therefore I don't see an ACC team in the BCS game this year or for the forseeable future, same as has been happening to the Big East (who's champ happened to drubbed ours last year) the last few years.

Tell me about it. hancox, you know I'm not an ACC hater, in fact the opposite (we had many discussions back when Miami & VT bailed on the Big East). Plus I'm a GT grad as well. But I'll be the first to admit that ACC football has positively reeked in the last 4 years. We have beaten no body. Our champs are being routinely drummed by SEC rivals (who didn't even win their divisions) at the end of the season prior to the same thing happening in the Orange Bowl. I can't remember the last time an ACC team beat a ranked (at the end of the season) OOC opponent. Until we turn this around (on the field), I'm sorry to say the MWC has us beat. Even if a team makes it through the ACC undefeated this year, it means nothing, as they still wouldn't have played anyone. Therefore I don't see an ACC team in the BCS game this year or for the forseeable future, same as has been happening to the Big East (who's champ happened to drubbed ours last year) the last few years.
All in the past - its a new year. I don't like looking back as you don't have the same players, same team or same circumstances so the past is the past and can't be changed. This year looks really good, teams they play all look good no matter who they are for every ACC team. Just as I sit here each year at the start of the season I remain hopeful for a 10win season once again for VT and a Conf title to start with - everything else can come later. ---------------------------------------- AGAIN WHY ARE MY SENTENCES GETTING MASHED TOGETHER!?!?!? I'm spacing these damn things out to look better and distance some topics but damn this is annoying!!

All in the past - its a new year. I don't like looking back as you don't have the same players, same team or same circumstances so the past is the past and can't be changed. This year looks really good, teams they play all look good no matter who they are for every "x conf" team.

Can I frame this, as a response for all of your strawmans about my conference? What a bunch of apologist nonsense. YOU GUYS LOSE TO I-AA's! That's pretty much indefensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.